It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

melann1 HB User
No period for 2 months

I have not had a period for over 2 months now and am 45 so it may be the onset of menopause. My periods have been heavy and every 21-28 days before this.
Haven't done a pregnancy test but don't think I could be pregnant. Do I need to see my dr for blood tests?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: No period for 2 months

Hi melann1, welcome to the forum.
I was 46 years old when I started missing periods as well (last year). Personally I didn't have any blood work done for it, as I recognized it for was it is (peri-menopause, with no chance of me being pregnant). To have tests done is a personal decision for yourself, to ease your mind if nothing else. Plus testing isn't always accurate simply because our hormones fluctuate so much during this time. But if there's a chance you could be pregnant at all, I'd definitely test for that!

My periods were heavy too, and previously always on schedule such as yours. Then I missed some periods, only to have them return for like 3 months in a row (heavy, painful as usual). Then this month I've missed one again. But as for you melann1, you do sound menopausal to me, providing you are not pregnant. Some women breeze through this with minimum problems, while others like myself, have classic symptoms and unpredictablitity. Has been a roller coaster ride for sure, lol!
Hope this helps, ~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread