It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

exnycgirl HB User
Exclamation I should own stock in Tampons!

Help! 52 very healthy, have been getting periods every 28 days until this past march when they start light and go into MAJOR heavy w/ severe clots . the whole thing from start to finish last between 2-3 weeks! OMG! I take no birth control, I still ovulate every 14 days like clock work. my breast get tender, I get EXTREMELY moody, bloat, and crave sweet/salty foods right before my period starts. and my periods now do not start on the 28th day, they vary. I also take HBP pills a a diuretic pill every day. what is going on with my body?????? I do not have hot flashes ( thank-god) I have NO health insurance so I do not know where to go or what to do? after my period finally ends 2-3 weeks give or take, I feel so weak like I got hit by a mac truck. any one with any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: I should own stock in Tampons!

exnycgirl: First, see if there are any free clinics in your area where you might be able to get some blood work done. See if you can get your hormones tested. If you can't do that route then go to a healthfood store and get some progesterone cream and start using that. Progesterone is the "calming hormone" and will help you sleep better. It will also help take some of the pressure off of your adrenal glands.

You could also have estrogen dominance. Read Dr. John Lee's book "What your Dr. won't tell you about menopause" and he's got one on perimenopause too.

Try increasing or adding to your diet some Vit B6, B12, magnesium and selenium.

Because you're saying you're NOT having the hotflashes makes me think you've got the estrogen dominance. It's common these days because of all the chemicals we breathe and eat. There are 40 or so symptoms of it. Look it up and see if you've got any on the list. I've got about 14 out of the 40. Start there and see if it helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

ashakoolgirl HB User

Um, but don't periods stop at round 50, and i wouldnt worry that much about it...

Old 06-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

it's no big deal, you're going through menopause and that's what happens
we're only in june now so this has been happening for what, 3 months? it'll probably change again until it finally all stops.
you don't actually need to do anything, just recognise it for what it is - menopause. make sure you're eating a healthy diet, be good to yourself and wait for nature to take its course.
don't panic, it's not an illness, it's a natural part of a womans life at your age.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi exnycgirl, welcome to the forum!
I agree with liverpool sue here, that it's the bodies natural course and it doesn't mean that anything health-wise is necessarily wrong. My periods started changing at age 46, so you're blessed for it to have waited a while in fact. However, excessive bleeding can be a concern. During those 2-3 weeks of your period, are they heavy the whole time? I once needed a chemical D&C (forced shedding of the uterus lining) to stop bleeding that wouldn't end. But as far as the irregularity, as stated already, it's all quite normal in this abnormal crazy world of menopause!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
(female)

exnycgirl HB User

Thanks for ALL the helpful info! Unfortunattely my mom passed away so I do not know/remember the family history on my materenal side on when or how the menopause went with my mom. thank you again .

Old 06-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

it's the same for many of us, that our mums aren't around to ask, and certainly for me, i must have been in my teens when she had her menopause so was probably too wrapped up in myself to even notice.
you just need to look into it all and see what's likely to happen in terms of symptoms, different types of period, etc. it doesn't just affect you physically but also emotionally. there are 35 symptoms, some of which you'd probably not even associate with menopause, but worth remembering that not every lady gets every symptom.
you'll be fine and you can always come on here and ask anything you're not sure about, there's ladies at all stages of it, and all ages. myself, i'm 57 and had my last period in feb 2006 so am well through it all now
sue x

Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
(female)

EchoeB42 HB User

I will be 49 in August, for about the last 6 months i have had some changes goin on also...3-5 days of spotting, 2-3 days of HEAVY, then it goes back to spotting, 1-2 days of nothing, then spotting, so a couple weeks of this routine..sooooooooooooo annoying..anyone else??

Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have the same weird periods now. It scares me. Light ones, then heavy with bad cramps and clots like the one I am having right now. Does anyone else get the cramps that last for awhile? I haven't had it like this since my early 20's or teenage years.

Closed Thread