It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User
progesterone cream -should I?

So I went to the Dr with a mile long list of allll my symptoms which were most all peri..SHE - yes she, would not do any tests to see if my estrogen was down...etc. She DID test everything else and I am apparently healthy.

I know I am in the beginning stages - have all the symptoms except hot flashes.

My question is - is it safe to take progesterone cream even though you are not "diagnosed" with peri? Would you recommend it? I have also heard it can help you sleep? Insomnia is also kicking my butt!

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: progesterone cream -should I?

Whimper71: Yes, go get some progesterone cream. You can get it at any healthfood store or even on the web. If you want to get your hormones checked you might have to see an endocrinologist. These PCP's and Gyno's don't want to be bothered with it. Get Dr. John Lee's book "what your Dr. won't tell you about menopause" and there's one on perimenopause, too. Look up the symptoms of estrogen dominance and you'll be surprised what's on there. If you can get your hormones tested find out if you're having non-ovulatory cycles. If you are then that causes the estrogen dominance.

Progesterone is the calming hormone and when it's not being made by the ovaries it's being made by the adrenals and then you can end up with adrenal fatigue. Progesterone turns into estrogen during these menopause years. Lack of estrogen will bring on the hot flashes. Don't be so quick to take estrogen because it is a main contributor of cancer in women. You're better off without it if you can handle the night sweats and hot flashes. I've never had a hot flash. Instead of getting hot flashes during menopause I've ended up with seizures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd take a hot flash any day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi ladies,
I agree with all of what 92261 posted here whimper71. Very good suggestions and information. For-the-most-part, I didn't experience the hot flashes right away either, until my periods started becoming irregular. Prior to this, it was mostly night sweats, hair loss, etc. This went on for nearly two years I guess. The night sweats were my main clue at first that I was peri-menopausal. It was obvious to me what it was and I've never seen my gyno for it.

So now I've just missed this month's period again (have been fluctuating for about a year now), and I have to tell you that the hot flashes and night sweats intensified greatly prior to this. I mean it was very pronounced and noticable, more so than usual. Anyway, I hope you let us know if you get the progesterone cream and how it works for you. Hope it brings you relief & thanks for sharing! In this together, ~Karen

Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

Thank you for your reply! The nearest place for me to get some is about 10 miles away and I hate driving - so I will prolly wait a few more days. Thanks again!

Closed Thread