It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

missmuss HB User
37 no period in 2 yrs

hi, im 37 and havent had a period in 2 years and get hot flashes. i had blood work done for thyroid hormones etc. and a pelvic ultrasound and everything came back ok. i myself know its hormone imbalance of course. who knows! what more can i get tested? if i go on the pill i get my period but am miserable as heck! anyone have any ideas what the prob would be?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: 37 no period in 2 yrs

Hi missmuss, glad you're here!
I'd fair to guess you've went through menopause at an early age (earlier than the norm, but not uncommon). If there's nothing else going on like anorexia for example, and being that you haven't had a period for over a year, medically you're considered post-menopausal. Plus during this time our hormones fluctuate so much that sometimes testing isn't always accurate. This may be why nothing showed up for you.

Hot flashes are normal both peri & post meno, but will subside with time. There are many natural remedies for this, without going on BC. There's natural progesterone cream (rub on the stomach) and/or herbal formula's such as black cohosh and soy together<edited>. Hope this helps! ~Karen

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-15-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

Allthatjaz HB User

When I was 31 my periods stopped abruptly. The doctor did a blood test and told me I had gone into early menopause. He strongly advised HRT and to begin with I did take his advice but the stuff had awful side effects. I became depressed, my skin was dry and for the first time in my life I was rounding around the hips and tummy. Then a friend told me about an alternative doctor that specialized in female hormones. I was skeptical but apart from having only money to lose, I decided to give him a try. He did some further tests and informed me I was estrogen dominant and I was having what he called a false menopause. He told me that my progesterone levels were virtually zero. He strongly advised I took natural progesterone cream, that I cut down on dairy produce and red meat which has been impregnated with estrogen's.
Once again I was skeptical but gave it a try. 2 months later my periods came back, 4 months later I was pregnant!
My doctor was bewildered but when I asked to look at the previous hormone test that he had done, I was horrified to find he hadn't tested my progesterone levels.

I recommend a book called 'What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause' by John R. Lee, M.D.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Wow Allthatjaz! Very very interesting to say the least! Thank you for sharing that. Hopefully this will help missmuss or other younger women experiencing the same.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
(female)

littleboob HB User

43 years old - haven't had a cycle in 18 months - went to natural Dr. about a year ago and had a saliva test - to find out that all my hormones were out of whack. She put me on several all natural vitamins, hormones, etc. and it actually helped.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
(female)

chancefamily HB User

I'm going through the exact thing. I've been really frustrated, but I finally found a doctor who promised to get me some answers. I'll stay in touch and let you know what he says.

Closed Thread