It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

Gel 7 HB User
46 & worried whats happening to me.

Could someone please give me some answers as to what could be happening to me, I am 46 next month, have always had regular periods, although over the last few years I have had some of the longest and shortest cycles Iíve ever had. Had a period on 30th April normal 7 days, my cycles are usually anything from between 23 - 27 days, the cycle in April was six weeks, when May comes its 33 days and no period, on day 34 I saw a tiny bit of blood, thought that my period was starting, but nothing only slight brown discharge, which went after a couple of days, following week it came back again just brown stuff, following week there was some blood with a clot, then 2 days after that I started to bleed, with clots, I have been bleeding now for over a week, sometimes light sometimes heavier, brown and red blood. Saw doctor on Tuesday , he said I was having an anovulatory cycles I do not know what this means, I suffer from extreme health anxiety , has anyone had this happen to them? Or maybe have some answers for me, Many thanks . Gel

Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: 46 & worried whats happening to me.

Gel 7: Welcome to perimenopause and the boards!!! This is what you're going to be seeing for the time it takes you to get through the years leading up the menopause. It's all normal. You are having NON-ovulatory cycles. That means you're not ovulating. You could have estrogen dominance. Look it up. There's around 40 symptoms of it. Get Dr. John Lee's book "What your Dr. won't tell you about menopause" and he's got one on perimenopause. You can get them at a library.

You might notice blood sugar swings also. Anxiety is one of the symptoms of low blood sugar - and that's on the list of the estrogen dominance symptoms.

Women can start Peri as early as 30 years old. Hang in there and talk to as many people on these boards as you need to. There's a load of info here and many going through the same thing. It's absolutely normal. Puberty was alot easier!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: 46 & worried whats happening to me.

Hi Gel 7, glad you're here!
The doctor should have said to you point-blank: "You are peri-menopausal." It's a natural course for us women to go through. It's symptoms can be unbearable however. Like yours, your fluctuating periods, I know what that's like! Definitely no fun!

I started night sweats at age 44, with hot flashes to follow. Then at age 46 my periods began to fluctuate, missing some, spotting only, or heavy normal. Right now I'm missing a period again this month, but still have the cramping and breast pain that usually accompanies it. Lol, ugh!

Peri-meno is a crazy ride, so I hope you have your seat belt on! Lol. Just kidding, but seriously, know that you're not alone in this. What helps me get through this is taking herbs/meds for symptom relief plus sharing, reading and getting feedback on here.

Closed Thread