It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

47something HB User
bloated and then some

im new to this site ,maybe someone can help,ive been going through this for a few years ,ive found that fish oil etc has really helped with memory etc,alot seems to be calming down except my tummy area ,talked about bloat ,ive always bloated before a period but know since missing 2 periods in a row i cant get rid of this awful bloated heavy feeling ,i know if i start this bloat would go away ,i have dropped 6 pds to get rid of this problem but no luck ,i dont need to lose weight ,doc says im healthy as a horse,ive or am trying slim fast but seems to much sugar,anyone know how to help this bloated ,weigh down,heavy feeling to go away ,im almost praying to have another period just to feel 'normal; again ,?????

Old 06-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: bloated and then some

Hi 47something, welcome to the forum!
While I don't have any answers to the bloating, I wanted to say that I have the same thing. I once again missed a period last month, with no sign of one yet this month either. And I continue to have this bloating as well. I've even had some minor breast pain and cramping associated with menses.

Plus if you're not over-weight, please don't lose anymore, as this may cause you to become unhealthy. The weight is not the problem. It's this menpause! I'd bet on it. Your health is most important, and I really believe that this too shall pass!
In this together, ~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

47something HB User

thanks karen ,so what helps ,i eat small meals and i feel so heavy and bloated, i was thinking over the counter IBS [ digestive advantage] and regiment......i take womans one a day and omega 3 fish oil gel capulses,,,,does drinking lots of water help ....fiber ???????

Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi again 47something,
Fiber helps greatly. I try to get it regularly since I was diagnosed with IBS many years ago. I also started taking a supplement called Multi-Enzymes with Probiotics. This helps quite a bit, but I do still get a bloated feeling occasionally. Not sure if this is just peri, my digestive system, or both. Hope this helps!

Closed Thread