It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

patty818 HB User
Unhappy Newbi and hoping for some help

Hi Ladies;

I am new and having alot of trouble with peri. I am 47 and feel like I'm 70 somedays. I was told last year by my gyn that I was in meno since my FSH was 75 and my estrogen was 30, well I just got my new blood results and myn FSH is now 15 and my estrogen is 50. Well he has put me on Prometrium 100 mg form day 13 until my bleeding begins. I have been using compounded P for the past 6 months and I also use that day the day as instructed.

Well my problem with peri is I'm haVing so many symptoms that Im in a constant state of fear. If you don't mind I would like to list my symptoms starting with worst to least.

Feeling like I'm not getting enough air, this comes out of know where
Healthy anxiety and fear of aging
Awful dizziness and feeling like I'm rocking or on a boat
Anxiety and panic attacks that come out of know where
Can't handle stress at all
Crying at the drop of a hat
Irratibility like I'm never had before
Sudden muscle tension in the neck and shoulder
Never feel normal, like myself afraid of everything
Agoriphobia to some degree
Night sweats
Ringing in the ears
Hair loss
Fatigue
Adrenaline surges at night when trying to sleep
Wierd dreams

I know that many women have alot of symptoms of peri and meno and I wish I could help them as well as myself. Ithink one of my biggest problems is the fear I have of meno. I scares me to death, I thought it was going to be a few hot flashes and period would stop and that was it. Well now I am consumed with it, I am so afraid of it, the getting older and becoming my mother. One day I was fine and happy and then I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and see this old lady looking at me, then with the anxiety, night sweats, dizziness, air hunger and stress, it all changed. I can't find myself anymore, I've become so afraid to live and its making me sick. I have this awful fear of heart disease that I'm afraid I'm slowly getting it because of this fear and stress about peri and meno. I don't know if any of you feel this way or have these symptoms but if you can provide some advice I would like to hear it.

Thanks for listening and any help
Patty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Newbi and hoping for some help

I tell everyone about bio-identical progesterone cream that I use....It works great.....I was a lot like you before starting it

Old 06-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Patty: My first piece of advice is to get your hands on 2 books by Dr. John Lee. "What your doctor won't tell you about menopause" and another one on perimenopause. They're full of information about what your body is going through.

You're lucky to have a gyno that checked your hormones. Most won't. You're probably having non-ovulatory cycles and your progesterone production is slowing down. The body still makes progesterone but not from the ovaries. The adrenal glands start picking up production and then you end up with adrenal fatigue. You could probably benefit from using some progesterone cream. You can buy it at any healthfood store or on the web.

You might want to get your vitamin and mineral levels checked. Alot of people get low in Vit B12, B6 and D during these years. B12 is a stress reducer and helps with depression.

Your hormones control your brain more than you know. Alot of people get migraines or seizures during menopause. I ended up with the seizures because of estrogen dominance. I guess this is "the change of life". Out with the old and in with the new.
Some people go through this without any problems and some just get hit hard.

Try doing some yoga, meditation, and exercise. They'll help with the stress. Unfortunately this is a process we've got to go through. There is a ton of information on these boards and many women going through the same stuff. We're here for you and here for support. I'm sure you'll get many replies and suggestions on what others do to get through it.

I've read on some posts that women just want to go into hiding and stay away from crowds, noises, and just want to stay home and lock the door forever. You'll get through it - be patient and work with your doctor. He sounds like a good one.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi Patty818, welcome to the forum!
I'm 47 too, going through menopause. I just want to say that I can relate with you SO completely! I have suffered all the symptoms you've described as well. And I've never remembered my dreams all my life, except when I was pregnant. So to remember them now again tells me this IS hormonal!

The symptoms that concerns me with you is that you feel you're not getting enough air. This is not so common in peri-meno, unless it's associated with anxiety &/or panic attacks. Have you had your heart & lungs checked? These are factors that can cause shortness of breath. I suffered and continue to suffer shortness of breath due to a defective heart valve (plus prior dibilitating anxiety/panic attacks, to which I now take medication for). It will ease your mind greatly to have this checked by your doctor, if you haven't already done so. To face the fear and do it anyway is how I get through this kind of stuff today (AND get out of the house).

Last but not least, your state of mind I can relate to as well! I think we all go through a period of mourning for our youth. I truly believe this. And if one doesn't, they're just denying it or don't recognize it. So that's kind of what I've went through, like a mourning phase, which ultimately led me to acceptance of it all. Sure I still have moments where I feel old or ugly, whatever, but I now know I'm still a valuable person and can contribute to mine and others life! Acceptance IS the answer to all my problems today!

I pray you can find acceptance too Patty. Plus as suggested here, I take symptom relief. I don't believe we're meant to suffer! The progesterone cream, black cohosh with soy, <edited> ... all natural products to give us some relief. And when things do show up, I recognize it for what it is and just say, "Oh it's this *bleep* meno!" LOL. Gotta laugh about it, because the crying gets old. So does apologizing when my mood swings to tempermental, lol! Also to share, read and get feedback on here helps me greatly!
In this together, ~Karen

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-15-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Closed Thread