It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

menicrazy HB User
30 Years of Being 28 days and now NO PERIOD!!

hi ladies-I am 42 this Sept-I didn't think I was having any major peri issues besides heavier bleeding the past couple years and nasty attitude the week before. This month I have completely missed my period-I am now 11 days late!! Is this how it begins? You just skip periods? I have a feeling I am not going to even get it this month. I took 4 pregnancy tests-all neg!
Would love to hear from anyone who this has happened to. I guess I always
thought it would be a gradual thing-maybe a couple days late or early here or there to prepare me
Thanks for any input

Last edited by menicrazy; 07-02-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: 30 Years of Being 28 days and now NO PERIOD!!

Hi menicrazy, welcome to the forum!
You are not alone in this, as it happens to most of us going through peri. I was 44 when my peri symtoms started, then at age 46 my periods became very irregular. Menses irregularity is normal. I'd miss one month, spot the next, then periods again. I was regular like yourself too before. Do you have any other symptoms such as hot flashes or night sweats? These started first for myself, telling me what was going on.

Each woman is different as to how peri-meno affects her and what she experiences. But there are some basic symptoms such as mentioned above, plus the irritablity, etc. Personally I've even experienced PMS symptoms without even having the period at all, lol! Craziness, lol. I've learned to laugh about this now, as it IS ongoing for some of us. And fyi, a woman is considered post-meno after not having a period for 12 consecutive months.
Hope this helps! In this together, ~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
(female)

menicrazy HB User

Hi Karen-thanks for replying
I thought for sure I was getting it like normal because I had all the "mental" symptoms but nothing came! I am now 14 days late! I am going to go to the gyno this week just to be safe-4 pregnancy tests all negative! I don't have hot flashes but I have been sleeping downstairs on the couch for the past month since it is to hot upstairs (even though everyone else thinks it is just fine!!) It's just kinda crazy to have no warning after 30 years of getting your period on time. My Mom was done by 45 so I guess I should have known.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Good luck with your gyno visit menicrazy! That will ease your mind. And it does sound like you're experiencing the hot flashes unfortunately. No one else is hot but us peri-meno women, lol! And yes, you're right on time. Try to relax and accept it all. Is a process doing that I think. I find comfort in seeking symptom relief, plus sharing, reading and getting feedback on here. Helps a lot! Best wishes, ~Karen

Closed Thread