It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

JuneLives HB User
How long does this last?

This is my first time posting. I needed someplace to talk to other women and I finally thought of Healthboards. Hopefully I can do many more posts!!!

I am going nuts!!!! Literally I feel like I am going crazy!!! (This is my second time trying to post this, as I lost the other post somehow).

I am 54 years old........ I have had Peri-Menopause I think for years. My Mother, her Mother, Her Aunts, suffered really bad back in the day. They are all deceased so I cannot talk with them. I cannot talk to my sister as she had a Hysterectomy. Friends--most had Hysterectomies.

I sometimes really think I am going to go crazy!!! I have been crying to my husband about it. I sweat and drip almost 24 hours a day. I constantly have fans on me and that does not work most of the time. My whole insides feel awful, with that horrible feeling. Here is a list of things that is happening to me: Hot Flashes (Horrible Ones), Anxiety (to the Manic Stage), Depression-very bad, Dry Mouth, Inside of my body shaking, wild and weird thoughts, thinking life is over and crying about it continually, total complete exhaustion, weakness, heavy sighing and breathing, and so on. I have not had a period in a year, at that time I just had a really small one, before that it was about ten months. Sometimes I get cramps or pain down there or the feeling I am going to start. I cannot concentrate on anything and feel totally overwhelmed by life. I cannot even keep a hairstyle, as I am always sweating, then my head just starts to itch horribly.

I really hope that this will stop soon........ I have been this bad for about eight months now and it seems to be getting worse.

I do have issues in my life... Anxiety, Depression, but nothing I believe to be causing this and to this extent. (I do take an Anti-Depressant and I have Anti-Anxiety Medication, but am trying to stay away from it.) This is totally different from before. I am Diabetic so I cannot take Black Cohosh, anybody have any Natural Alternatives? I do not have Health Insurance, as I lost my COBRA Coverage last fall and I cannot get Insurance due to "Pre-exisitng Conditions".

I want to go on and on, but I better stop...... Oh yeah I just looked down at my Keyboard--I am losing hair also!!!

Blessings.............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: How long does this last?

Hi Junelives,

Welcome to the board!

Sounds like you are in full blown menopause and having quite a time with it.

Couple of suggestions for you that might help:

Make sure you are getting enough B vitamins, I use the Super B Complex. It gives me some energy and also helps my nerves.

For my anxiety, I just recently started taking L-Theanine about 2 months ago. It's an amino acid extracted from green tea leaves (completely natural) and you can get it at a health food store. This has helped me alot with the anxiety.

Sorry you can't take the Black Cohosh because it really helps with the hot flashes.

Make sure you keep yourself hydrated, the sweating can really take it out of you.

As far as the hair falling out, if this keeps up, I won't have to worry about a hairdo. I will be bald!!!! Loreall has just came up with a new shampoo/conditioner that is sulfate free and it seems to help me with some of the hair loss. You can buy it at any super center or drug store.

Just remember that all of us women here are going through the same thing, how long this will last varies among us, but we will get through it and this too shall pass.

You hang in there and know that we are always here to listen anytime you need to talk.

Missy

Old 07-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

I take black cohosh that also has soy in it, so since you can't use the cohosh
maybe you can try incorporating soy into your diet, such a soy milk.
I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable, menopause stinks!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi ladies, welcome to the forum JuneLives!
Glad you're here! Very good suggestions posted already. I bought that loreal sulfate-free shampoo too, and it does work! I've had less hair loss since starting it and had suffered that for years! I was very happy about that, thanks missy. And I've also amped up my B vitamins, as well as other supplements (such as Calcium & Magnesium, all in addition to a multi-vitamin), with good results.

JuneLives I don't know what anti-depressant you're on, but Paxil (& the like) are specifically designed to combat anxiety as well as depression. So on this type of medication, one doesn't have to take another drug for anxiety, unless it's severe (like tranquilizers). I've been taking this for years for ptsd and have found it is also helping me not to suffer some of the dibilitating symptoms other peri/meno women are. I recommend this often to women suffering severe anxiety/panic attacks. But not all women want to go the medication route, which is understandable, and it certainly IS a personal choice. Just a suggestion.

Meno symptoms can be short or long lasting, varying from woman to woman. I personally feel much better about this change of life since I've become proactive in seeking relief for my symptoms. Plus sharing, reading and getting feedback on here, and ultimately finding acceptance of it all. I've accepted that I am no longer that young pretty thing (haha) and am aging/changing, along with the problems that go with that. BUT, I can do things that make myself feel better. And when I don't feel like doing that, it's my choice and I'm okay with that.

And lastly, perhaps your town has a clinic that goes on sliding scale? With diabetes, you certainly need regular medical attention, as you well know. Some clinics will even take payments. Hope you can find something! Am praying for your relief too! In this together, ~Karen

Last edited by lKaz; 07-03-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: addition

Old 07-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Probably about 3 years duration for the symptoms...i assume you are opposed to HRT?

Closed Thread