It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

rgalindo68 HB User
Question pre menopause?

HI! I'm 41 yrs old and I havent started my period for 3 months!I get really ugly mood swings and hot flashes when I know my body is trying to start and I feel really terrible inside and out.I cramp really bad and I get depressed because I feel like I get up and do the same thing over and over- whats the point?I recently went to the dr and he took a blood test and said I wasnt menopausel and my hormones were normal. ?????any suggestions?and relief?

Last edited by rgalindo68; 07-07-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
(female)

dcs316 HB Userdcs316 HB User
Re: pre menopause?

Sounds like perimenopause to me. That's how mine started -- missed periods and me taking numerous pregnancy tests (even though I knew it wasn't possible since my husband had a vasectomy years ago!). I also had night sweats and all the symptoms that my period was going to start but then it wouldn't. I think that's one of the worst parts. You have to always be prepared because you never know when it will start. Anyway, my gyno tested me once and said the hormones were fine but the next time she tested they indicated peri. She said it all depends on when the testing is done and results can vary from time to time. I was 42 when all this started and am now 45 and still dealing with it and much more!! I've been told it can go on for up to 10 years! Yikes!!! Let's hope not. All I can tell you is to get ready for a roller coaster ride. You'll miss periods and then be regular for awhile and then miss them again and get all kinds of fun symptoms along the way. Hopefully it will pass quickly for you!! Sorry I didn't have better news!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi rgalindo68 & dcs316, welcome to the forum!
Dcs316 is right in that periods and/or symptoms usually are irregular during peri. But it does vary from woman to woman however. The lucky ones breeze right through it! Unforunately this phase is so unpredictable. And since it is about fluctuating hormones, testing isn't always accurate as already stated.

I'm in the same situation as you too! I've had cramping and bloatedness going on, with no period. It does feel awful! But on the other hand, I'm glad I'm missing, with hopes that it might be over soon. It takes no period for 12 consecutive months to be medically deemed post-meno. We just have to accept it rgalindo68, take things for relief, and be strong! Sharing on this forum has also helped myself get my mind off my problems too. It helps a lot to know we're not alone! In this together, ~Karen

Old 07-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
(female)

rgalindo68 HB User

ok I wrote earlier about being pre menopausel and have not had a period for three months and I was sooo terrible and ugly to everyone of my family members and even my grandchildren, I felt so terrible and cramps delore!So that night I had sex with my fiance' and went to bathroom and now there is blood. This morning Im cramping and bleeding.Not enough to feel a pad but enough to see when i wipe.So now Im back to premenopause?I hate this cause my cramps are soooooo bad it really interfers in my life cause it hurts so bad. Should I ask for pain meds?

Closed Thread