It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

Ms Moose HB User
Question What the heck ?

Hi, new person here. I'm checking out these boards with the idea that I might be able to find somebody who can relate to what I'm experiencing lately. I appreciate any thoughts anybody may be willing to contribute. I am 53. My periods are still like clockwork, without any variation in length, flow, etc. I have no hot flashes, and no problem sleeping. I have none of the perimen. symptoms I have always expected at this age.
However: I have absolutely no appetite. Nothing sounds good, looks good and I am rarely hungry. I find myself forgetting to eat meals, and end up recently being more of a "grazer". I have some reflux occassionally. Right before my period starts, I have terrible diarrhea (sorry, gross I know). I was diagnosed a year ago with Type II diabetes, and am having a really hard time learning to eat correctly to watch my blood sugar--no problem staying away from sweets/carbs, but I don't know what to eat. Food is my enemy now, I suppose. My emotions are funky--at times I'm depressed, but not always, and not a whole lot. I have times that I feel like a rug has been pulled out from under me--total lack of confidence, inability to concentrate, think clearly. My memory stinks and I feel like I'm in a fog at times. I can relate to some here who have described feeling shaky, with trembling, easily tearful, impatient and restless. Some days I really think I've lost myself completely. I have prior experience with emotional stuff years ago, and saw a counselor successfully. This doesn't feel the same as it did then--for lack of a better description, it feels more "physical" than emotional. Can anybody identify with this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ms Moose; 07-09-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: What the heck ?

Hi Ms Moose, welcome & thank you for posting!
I can relate with you very well! I've also read many posts of other peri and post-meno women experiencing the same exact things as you are. The thing is that women don't always experience this change of life in the same way. There are some basic symptoms, but many vary as to what they suffer and when, or if any at all.

Take myself for example. I started this change with night sweats then hot flashes only. It was then two years later that my periods then became irregular or missing. Then others, their periods become irregular first (or stop altogether suddenly), with other symptoms to follow. While still yet, the lucky ones breeze right through it with hardly any problems to speak of.

I guess I'm saying that your symptoms do sound peri-meno, but without the menses irregularity (yet). Like I said, some go through it fast, while the majority take years to go through this (*cough* myself included lol). I would trust your instinct here in that it is physical. And do try to eat more, along with vitamins if you're not already doing so. The lack of can lead to depression & lack of energy as well. Take care & God bless, ~Karen

Old 07-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
(female)

JuneLives HB User

I have the loss/lack of appetite also. Nothing seems good to eat. I have to force myself to eat sometimes. I am also TypeII Diabetic and I have to watch myself. I already have to take Insulin. Like a said, I have to force myself to eat so that I do not get sick. You have to make it a mindset that you need the food in you.

I also used to love to cook.... I am known for my meals! Now cooking is the furthest thing from my mind. I cook for my hubby when we are home, but not the extravagant meals I used to do. Everything now is pretty basic.

This menopause thing is the pits..... I pray we all go through it quickly. Pray that you don't get the Hot Flashes!!! Girls that do not get them are so Blessed!!!

Blessings...... Carolyn

Old 07-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

JuneLives HB User

I just read through your post again.......

As I have started trying to read through some of these posts the last week or so......... many women are going through the same things that you are listing.... the trembling, shaking, fog,...etc.......... I am like that so often these days. Maybe try reading through some more of the posts. I am going to try to come on here more often....... sometimes I just do not have the energy though.

Blessings..... Carolyn

Old 07-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
(female)

Ms Moose HB User

Oh, THANK YOU both so much for your replies. I feel better just knowing it's not just me. I am making a real effort to eat when I should, whether I want to or not. Reminding myself that I do feel better when I eat something helps. I am so glad to hear about the other symptoms too. I really can deal with them--just relieved to know others have felt the same things. I am learning all the time! Thanks again for your time and willingness to reply.

Closed Thread