It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

inspiredmomof5 HB User
Gloom and doom feelings

Hi Ladies,

I am so grateful to have found this site.

I am 46 years old, been married for 21 years and we have 5 children.
I have been suffering from all of the symptoms that have been mentioned on this post, for sometime now.
However, I awake this morning with this incredible "gloom and doom" feeling.
I haven't been able to shake it. I was telling my husband, it almost feels like an out of body experience, but certainly NOT in a good way.
It started out as an anxiety attack, when I first awoke, and then gradually turned into a total feeling of absolute despair, for no apparent reason.
I also woke up soaking wet with sweat.
I haven't seen a doctor regarding any of these symptoms. I think it is time to see a doctor. Do you think a GYN is better than a GP? I do not have health insurance so that is always an issue, unfortunately.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated. I love reading all of your posts because it really does help those terrible crazy feelings and feeling all alone, like I am the only one. Some of your posts even had me giggling, because I could so relate. Laughter can be the best medicine. Thanks....

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-11-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: Gloom and doom feelings

Hi inspiredmomof5,
I've awoke the same as you all too many times... full of sweat & feeling horrible! It's definitely no picnic, lol. And I SO agree with you that laughter is the best medicine! We truly have "matured" (if you will), when we can laugh at ourselves, as well as these crazy peri-meno symptoms!

However, often times we don't feel like laughing when we're in the middle of some of the painful or frustrating symptoms. I feel that's where acceptance of it all comes in. Plus taking things for symptom(s) relief helps greatly! I think it's all a process in all areas of our being. The physical, mental and emotional. It sure has been for myself anyway. Finding this forum & knowing we're not alone has also helped a lot!

You can save money by calling your primary (GP), asking for a referral to a gyno. Just keep in mind peri is all about fluctuating hormones, so testing isn't always accurate. But it can give you peace of mind to check your levels and know where you're at. Hang in there, know you're not alone and God bless! ~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Inspired and probably tired mom of 5,

I would suggest a gyno over a GP but if you don't have any health insurance it might be a waste of money. Many doctors out there will not check hormone levels until you miss your periods for three months in a row. Your symptoms sound like you are starting perimenopause.

Hang in there,
Missy

Last edited by missy222; 07-12-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
(female)

agnus HB User

hi welcome to the club! i have been trying to look at herbal remedies to this as i feel i same probs as you and i found a lot of herbal remedies so i will try and see how it goes sometimes doctors just dont have the time to sit and listen so see if you see any herbal remedies which will not be bad for your body in any way
good luck

Closed Thread