It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Tired of being tired and hot!!!!

So, I've been on here before basically venting. I'm beginning to wonder if it would be easier to know what isn't a sign of menopause than what is!! Sure the list would be short!!
I'm here taking a break at work and literally could lay on the floor and sleep!! (My head is bobbing) Have had many nights of insomnia lately. Have no trouble going to sleep; it's staying asleep. And when I do sleep, the bladder wakes me! The heat isn't helping matters either. I either have a good night sweat or I just feel like a burning inferno inside, yet cool on the outside! Nothing seems to help in that department, even colder air. And sleeping with a husband who is like a furnace; no good. It's tiffs almost every night as I can feel the heat radiate off of him - no lie! He likes it because my skin feels cool. One of us, usually me, will go downstairs. Yea, I have little control over my temper at 2:00 in the morning, hotter than lava and not being able to sleep, no wonder I'm dead at work!
Any suggestions other than a job working 3rd shift?
Anyone else like this? How do you stay cool? I have the air on at work on high and the coldest setting with a fan right on me. I still feel like I'm suffocating!
Oh yea, have a good one!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: Tired of being tired and hot!!!!

Hi CaringMom,
There are some natural things out there that can help with hot flashes. Like black cohosh taken in combo with soy isoflavones, <edited> plus other over the counter stuff like extroven &/or natural progesterone cream (rub on stomach). The thing is that, what works for one woman may not work the same for another.

I do know that hot flashes are no fun! Neither is not getting enough sleep! Perhaps you can work something out with your hubby, just for short-term, until this passes? This is your personal thing however, to be worked out between you two alone. Anway like yourself, I remember my son touching my arm, and it felt like a hot-poker from a wood stove, lol! I'm like, please don't touch me, lol. He too is naturally like a heater, and I feel bad when he wants to sit close, because it's kind of like I'm rejecting him. But I tell him it's just this stupid meno, not him! So hopefully he won't be offended.

I hope you do find some relief CaringMom! Take care & God bless, ~Karen

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-15-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

Karen,
Thanks for responding. Yea, husband is good about either sleeping downstairs or I will. We both sleep better that way. Now when winter comes, it's nice having the extra heat because he likes it cold. May be producing my own this year!
Will look for items you mentioned. Did take black cohosh for awhile but that was last year. Didn't do much for me but then symptons were not like they are now. I really believe much is the humidity and heat in our area right now. Everyone is crabby and complaining. Unless the entire town is menopausing!
Thanks for the info!!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
(female)

dcs316 HB Userdcs316 HB User

I have no solutions but can tell you that I am going thru EXACTLY the same thing!! I cannot remember the last time I slept thru an entire night. Like you, I can get to sleep but forget staying asleep. I wake up numerous times during the night and yes, I'm always hot, too. We have the a/c on and the ceiling fan and I have my own small fan aimed right at me. Still hot. It's ridiculous. All I want is just one good night's sleep at this point. Even my old stand-by of taking an Ativan has failed me. It is very hot and humid in our area, too, and I'm sure that is not helping, either. So no solution for you here but know that you are definitely not alone. I, too, am so tired of being hot and tired!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

I'm sorry you're dealing with this as well.
I too used to take a sleep aid, ususally just one tylenol pm to help me relax. That doesn't help much since the heat set in and my own body producing mega watts of heat! But, I will take this over the freezing cold and ice we get here.
I even tried those neck tie things with the gel in them! Didn't work like I thought they would; a waste of money for me.
Oh well, nice to know I'm not alone staring at the wall or ceiling in the middle of the night!
Have a good weekend.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Hi Girls:
well it is 3:47 in the morning and I too can't sleep. I take a xanax at night and still wake up in the middle of the night sweating. I also had a headache all day and lots of other symptoms. I take some homeopathic supplements with black cohosh in it and does not help yet. Just started them last week. I don't know if it just takes a while to work. I am having another problem, My libido is not the same as it was. That just started about two months ago. I am divorced and with a new partner and that makes it a lot more upsetting to me. We are in a long term relationship and plan on marrying but I am not married yet. It worries me because he is a few years younger then me. I am 52 yrs old and since last september I have only had 3 periods. I had one last september and then I had two in march and that has been it. Of course, don't know If I will get another one or not. The hot flashes just only started recently also. The night sweats have been for a long time. My homeopathic dr gave me these new herbs for some of the symptoms and said if it does not help the libido he has something else for me for my next appointment i guess. I just feel very depressed that at 52 yrs old all of a sudden I don't have the same sexual desire that I had. i have not accepted that. That is a pretty big part of a relationship. I know it is not everything and we love each other and enjoy each other anyway, but it adds to it. Any suggestions? LaLa

Closed Thread