It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Trouble Breathing? Heat Aggrevating symptoms?

does anyone have any breathing problems? The past week I am not able to get a cleansing breath. It has been a real struggle and i am very uncomfortable. I don't know if it is heat related or not. But i am getting very paranoid. I am very uncomfortable in top of stomach area. i have a hiatal heria but had it adjusted by the chiropractor the other day. I had a stress test taken a few months ago and everything was fine. i have had a pulmonary function test recently and everything was fine. Don't know what is going on but I can't take it. I am being tested for lyme because of other symtoms. Don't know if it is related to that. But i am also in peri-menopause. Any answers would be appreciated. laLa

Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
(female)

aleksia HB Useraleksia HB User
Re: Trouble Breathing? Heat Aggrevating symptoms?

I had recently the problems you are describing. I was on vacation to an area that is pretty humid and I had difficulties breathing. I also had severe anxiety and that was probably more the cause of my breathing problems than the weather. It was so bad that I almost panicked because it felt as if I was going to suffocate. I am feeling better now.
Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

aleksia:

Thanks for your quick response. Did you have any pain in your back or chest? LaLa

Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
(female)

aleksia HB Useraleksia HB User

Yes, I had so much pain in my chest that I was convinced I was going to have a heart attack. I have occasional pain in my back. Other than that I have pain in most joints off and on. Keep us posted. For me it started a few months ago, around the time I turned 50.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi ladies,

What Aleksia stated was one of my first thoughts as well Lala, pertaining to your post. It sounded like an anxiety &/or panic attack. Another option is perhaps your hernia is resting on the lungs now? And is this a one-time event or a frequent occurance? All things to consider...

Panic and anxiety are spoken of, experienced quite commonly in menopause. One does feel suffocated when going through it. Did you experience an extreme nervous tension when this happened? Or perhaps you need your hernia looks at by a physician and not just the chiro. Just a thought.

Hope you feel better & find answers! Take care & God bless, ~Karen

Old 07-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen:
This has been on going. Off and on but suddenly going through a period of it being very bad. I probably should go to the gastro dr again and have the hiatal checked again. The past few days i really felt like I was having a heart attack.I am on vacation and it did put a little bit of a damper on it. I almost can't wait to get home in away. But that bothers me because I want to enjoy life and not want to just feel safe and sound only at home. I will give an update in a day or two. Thanks. LaLa

Closed Thread