It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

lady48 HB User
Smile severe breast pain and menopause

Hi everyone,
New to this site. I just started having menopause symptoms.
it is so confusing though because I get severe breast pain and swelling.
I thought that your estrogen levels were low when you went through menopause and high with breat pain...ArrrrGGGhhh!!!!!!
I thought I was going to pass on all of this cause women younger then me were having symptoms and I was all good!!!! Well imagine my surprise when one week before my 48th b-day...Whooossshh hot flash!!!!
I had a partial hysterectomy at 38 (ovaries still there) I would still have breast pain some months and then not at all. Now I have a two weeks on one week off and then it happens again. I lost 30 lbs. in the last two years
and now 10 to 12 lbs. just came out of nowhere. Then the crazy pregnancy like cravings (I usually eat healthy) hot dogs loaded with more mustard then hotdog!!!!! Oh and dont ask for a bite cause i might bite back!!!! Yes i have tons of anger also...this from the ommm yoga girl !!!! I also have been through alot in the last couple of years but held it together now I cant handle much of anything. Any advice would be helpful. thanks in advance

Last edited by lady48; 07-24-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelled menopause wrong

Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: severe breast pain and menopause

Hi Lady48, glad you're here!
Everything you described is pretty much how peri-meno goes for most of us. The irregularity, mood swings, hot flashes, etc. And I experience the sore breasts too, no fun! Plus have had the weight loss, then gain again too... blah, lol!

There are a few things you can try to relieve symptoms: 1) progesterone cream (rub on stomach), 2) black cohosh combined with soy isoflavones, 3) OTC remedies like Etroven (all 3 above mentioned can be taken together actually) <edited>. And of course there's HRT (hormone replacement therapy), to which I personally don't recommend since it has dangers & side effects. But many do take HRT, mostly healthy women that know the risks.

I personally am going the natural route, as much conflicts with my other med's. Plus have amped up my vitamins such as calcium, magnesium, B vitamins... all plus a multi-vitamin. And I also take an anti-anxiety/depression med, which has helped very much thru this phase of life. Plus sharing on this forum helps me to get out of myself, like the "poor me's" lol. And to help others. I hope you find relief and something that works for you. Everyone is different it seems, as what works well for one, may not for another. Keep us posted if you will.
Good luck & God bless, ~Karen

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-15-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread