It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

3partharmony HB User
If you are in post menopause, are you still suffering?

Hi everyone,

I am 4 years post, and I am suffering just as much as when I was in peri. I still have the stomach issues, the hot flashes, the buzzing and internal shaking, the burning feet, the intermittent depression, etc. I am so weary with this. I want so much to get my life back. I want to feel human again...it has been so long. Thanks in advance for any input you may have...

Vikki

Old 07-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: If you are in post menopause, are you still suffering?

hi vikki. i'm 57, nearly 58, and had my last period in feb 2006, four and a half years ago.
things i don't get any more are the hot flashes. i get sort of warm feelings but they're nothing like a hot flash and are few and far between. my general overall temperature seems to have risen though and i now rarely suffer from being cold, never wear socks or tights and always wear v-neck or scoop neck tops.
i never suffered from stomach issues until about 6 months ago and now believe i have a haitus hernia. this is not meno related but just an aging thing. i also have tinnitus but again i think this is due to aging and not specifically meno. i have a sort of shakiness about me which again i don't put down to meno, just getting older.
because there are no more periods i don't get pms or sore breasts or bloating or the sleeplessness that used to also haunt me just before a period.
my hair everywhere has thinned but that's not really a problem, i know that it will never grow back the way it was.
so for me things have changed but i wouldn't say i 'still suffer', i am just slightly different and have accepted the new, older, chubbier, more wrinkled me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: If you are in post menopause, are you still suffering?

Vikki, I started taking black cohosh with soy flavonoids and it's helping me quite alot.
Have you ever tried this?

Sue

Closed Thread