It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
(female)

Hopeful always HB User
pre meno phase? Going bonkers...

I have been going through pre part of menopause and hating every moment of it. The side effects are gross, such as sweating and it's not normal to have heavy pooring sweat just when I go to the mail box or even after taking a shower, cool at that kind of shower, when I get out and towel off I will start pouring sweat My skin is suffering and I look like a teenager who is going through their pimple heavy phase. I don't know what to do. Nothing seems to work and I go through the very angry stage when I start pouring. My hair is so wet all over as if I just toweled my hair after a shower.. If only I find something to help me. I have tried the medicines for pre-menopause and it isn't working.. even if the doctor orders it for me it isn't working. Thank God I communicate to my husband so he doesn't think I am mad at him and he may wonder what he did even though he didn't cause the sweating.. I wish I could laugh but I am so serious and sometimes want to cry. I have had seating the heavy pour for three years now. Does anyone know what I can try? I also think my thyroid problem is apart of it too. I take Levthroxine also for that. I am seriously contiplating on show I or not ask my pain doctor if I can use a pain relief to see if that is contributing to the problem to make it stay..I hope to see if someone understands and can help or if not just caring is good too. .
Hopeful Always

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: pre meno phase? Going bonkers...

Hi Hopeful always,
Oh hun, please just know you're not alone! I've suffered the sweats same as you going on 4 years now too. It is a nuisance! I can relate with your shower story too, lol, cool shower then hot as soon as you get out, lol. I'm laughing at this because I've accepted what I'm going through. Acceptance is the answer (along with taking things for relief).

<edited>

All suggestions for you to consider. I don't believe we're meant to suffer through this phase of life! It sounds like you've been suffering and I can relate with you very well. Do you homework and find out what works for you. And more importantly, I hope you feel better soon! Take care & God bless, ~Kaz

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-15-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
(female)

Hopeful always HB User
Re: pre meno phase? Going bonkers...

Hi Kaz, Way cool! I am willing to try anything at this point.. I can't have anything with soy in it though because I have Hoshimoto thyroidist. I have a goiter that is not very pleasant either. I just got done eating apple pie and I don't think that was a good idea but only for my taste buds...lol. What can I say, taste buds rule. I do try and keep the sodium intake down because of the edema. Does edema or can edema be apart of pero menopause?

I just think that it's a raw deal that we should have it for up to five years... hopefully we won't have to have it much longer. What age did you start having this aweful defect? lol, I have to have humor for it does go a long ways. I was so darn ****** off last night when I was pouring sweat when cleaning the kitchen that I couldn't sleep either last night. My poor husband couldn't either.. Thank God he has a good since of humor and personality because I would drive us both insane. I am thoughtful though and let him know what is going on when I get mad and there goes a coffee cup slambed on the counter..oops. House looks great though.

Today I really wanted to get started on sewing on the sewing machine. <My daughter is ill and in hospital.> So that explains some of what I am going through and it messes with the mood changes and stress along with the other pre menopause symptoms I am going through. I am also breaking out in hives.

I like your rose by the way. <edited> Anyways I am so greatful to you and hope to hear from you more. I could use a friend, my husband is my best best friend and more but you as someone who is female that can relate. I email my mom just about everyday and she has been supportive also. It's nice to have friends.
Bless your heart,
Hopeful Always

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-15-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Please keep these Boards anonymous

Closed Thread