It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
(female)

fena HB User
Unhappy heart

hi, during menopause does anyone feel funny in their (heart and body) like you don't have much time left to live (is this part of the depression) that comes with menopause? and i'm not on alot of meds just for blood pressure and GERD. i'm 48 and about to become 49 in a couple weeks and have 2 kids going into high school and feel like i won't see them graduate.

fena

Old 08-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
(female)

aleksia HB Useraleksia HB User
Re: heart

I could have written your post. I feel exactly like you describe. I turned 50 recently and I have often an uncomfortable feeling around my heart area, kind of pain or cramps. I have 2 young children and feel like I won't see them grow up, go to high school, college, etc. I take aspirin as soon as I feel this because aspirin is supposed to prevent a heart attack. I am convinced that I will have a heart attack. Hopefully this is all part of menopause and not about having a heart attack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
(female)

fena HB User

I'm so glad you wrote me I thought I was the only one,but now I can't sleep at night and have to drink the sleepytime tea before bedtime.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

I feel like that at times also ..and i think its lack of homones and i sometimes think I'm not going to live ..and I'm healthy and work out and swim and hike and kayak..but I often get these feelings of doom .. i should be so happy so why am i sad.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi ladies,
Just wanted to say to you all that you are not alone! And unfortunately health anxiety (which includes that feeling that you're going to die), mood swings & depression (doom), and the inability to sleep, .... are all too common in peri-meno! I've read many posts on these very subjects and have experienced most of them myself. I tell you this so that you'll know it's not uncommon for us to experience these things (& more). But I firmly believe we're not meant to suffer through this change and taking things for relief of symptoms is a good thing!

Plus taking extra things for our general heath is also good, like the taking of aspirin for example. If it doesn't conflict with other med's, it will thin the blood, helping to prevent heart attack, stroke and more. But again, the chest pain may also be simple anxiety (and is exactly just that for most going through peri-meno). Some women on here even experience heart flutters! Nevertheless, a good check up can ease you mind greatly as well. And taking herbs, vitamins & meds for our relief is also a good thing.

I'm 47 and have been going through peri over 3 years now. Lately some symptoms are subsiding (including periods, yay), ...EXCEPT I am now experiencing a couple of new ones! The inability to go to sleep (mentioned here), plus acid relux! I have never had stomach issues my whole life! I could eat anything, even right up until bedtime! Lol, not so recently! The reflux is scary to me because if/when it happens in my sleep, I don't wake up (& choke)! I don't even wake up if I'm coughing. I've always been like that, once asleep, I do not wake up unless woken by another (& even then it's hard to wake me, lol). So I'm now taking 12 hour pepcid and hoping /praying it doesn't happen in my sleep anymore. Anyway, we're in this together! Take care & God bless, ~Kaz

Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #6
(female)

diannemc HB User

I have been going through all this for a year now...just awful.. now the acid reflux is horrible...burning in my throat...constantly clearing my throat..I have given up coffee tea and chocolate...The burning skin..hot flashes...night sweats, no sleep...I am so tired of this...does horomones make a difference? I am beginning to think it might be worth taking them..

Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

I'm going to have a test today to look in my uterus and see what is going on there I have had some spotting in the last few weeks ..had a ultra sound and they said they couldn't really see anything so want to do the test where they inject saline in the uterus and it shows the lining better ..it was in the normal range 3.6 the stripe ..I'm on HRT compounds and i think i need to have a dose change...doctors are so against HRT and i think for me it has a lot of health benefits..
they would never say no to testosterone for men if it was low..but it seems in my opinion they want all women off them regardless of there quality of life..

Old 09-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #8
(female)

Lily Mae HB User
Arrow Re: heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fena View Post
hi, during menopause does anyone feel funny in their (heart and body) like you don't have much time left to live (is this part of the depression) that comes with menopause? and i'm not on alot of meds just for blood pressure and GERD. i'm 48 and about to become 49 in a couple weeks and have 2 kids going into high school and feel like i won't see them graduate.
fena
Hi Fena

I honestly feel exactly the same. i am 49 in December and also have 2 lovely boys aged 12 and 14. I am taking omeprazole for acid reflux too. I went on hRT patches just 2 wks ago, the Dr said it would help with night time hot sweats and may help my genel well being. My periods are irregular sometimes every 2 wks. I have bad headaches and clicking in the back of my head,terrible pain in my jaw, chest and stomach, feels like I am honestly going to have a heart attack but have been to A & E
twice now and they say all is normal. I know menopause symptoms can cause joint pain I am hoping that this is normal and a process I have to go through, because it honestly feels like I have got something more terible wrong with me. Just want to be well and happy again for my lovely long suffering husband and 2 lovely boys, that I seem to be constantly shouting at! Good Luck fellow sufferers

Closed Thread