It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Wierd Hormone lab test

Hi Gals,

Can someone give me some help here. I recently had my hormones tested and here are the results:

Testosterone Total 18 - Standard range (6-82)
DHEA-s 147.7 - No standard range
LH 6.5 - No standard range
FSH 4.9 - No standard range
17-OH Progesterone 220 - No standard range

Some background info, I am 51, no period for 2 months, complete menopausal symptoms.

From what I understand from researching this, FSH has to be at least 25 to be considered peri. Why is my FSH so low?

The dr. called today and said that my range was completely normal because I was in "my cycle". I informed her that I had NOT had a period since June. She asked me to make another appointment to discuss my tests.

Starting to get scared!!!! Anyone have any ideas about these results?

Missy

Last edited by missy222; 08-05-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User
Re: Wierd Hormone lab test

you could still be in peri menopause even though your tsh tests seem normal you know you are menapausal when your tsh is above 50 mine are in the 60's

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: Wierd Hormone lab test

Hi Missy,
You know that our hormones fluctuate during peri-meno (sometimes greatly), and that testing isn't always accurate (as jwatt stated). So while your numbers seem low, please try not to worry! I'm going through the same exact thing! I've missed two months (then had pink spots this month, turning into a 3 day, light period only). But I am still getting pms symptoms, which tells me my hormones are still "cycling," be it however irregular.

However, I'm not familiar with what all the hormone levels mean. But again, I wouldn't worry because you already know the answer. Sometimes we need reminding (I know I do, lol). I'm glad you'll see your doctor again though, to clarify it all for you. That will ease your mind a lot! Take care & God bless, ~Kaz

Closed Thread