It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User
bleeding

Hi
I don't see many posts about this problem ..I'm on compounded HRT and every year or so I have some bleeding and always have an ulrtasound to have it checked out ..Had that done and now they want to do another ultrasound where they inject a liquid in the uterus so they can get a better look.. they said that the lining was not above normal but want to do this test just to be sure nothing was abnormal ..pap test that was just done was normal..I'm still having some bleeding so that is why they are doing it..I'm 65 and I like being on HRT I just feel so good on them ..but lately my uterus has become my enemy..I'm thinking i just should have it out and then I would not have to worry about it all the time..would appreciate any feed back from you ladies here.. <edited>

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-06-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Please keep these Boards anonymous

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: bleeding

Hi jwatt,
So I take it you're post-menopausal, that being your periods have ended (except for this occasional thing)? Personally I think HRT is very dangerous, especially in older women. But I'm sure you know the risks (blood clots, cancer, etc). I'm not doctor but I'd fair to guess the occasional bleeding is from the HRT. Just a suggestion, but at age 65, perhaps it's time for a change? But of course this is your personal decision.

I do know that the uterus thickens during, and more so, after menopause. And perhaps your doctor just wants a better look is all. Let's think positive. Let us know how it goes for you, and I wish you well! Take care, ~Kaz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
(female)

Thanks for responding as I mentioned in my post i'm 65 and I'm very active and healthy and I would like to continue to take HRT I do use compounded hormones that are made just for my needs.. I have been on them for a long time ..I will go off them for periods of time but always feels so awful without them..I will keep you posted as i'm seeing my GYN this tues afternoon the 10th I just may need a change in dose..other wise i'm thinking about just having a hysterectomy then i won't have to worry about.the darn thing..

Last edited by moderator2; 08-08-2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
(female)

Hi
I had the vaginal ultra sound today where they injected saline in to get a good look at the uterus and everything was normal and now they can look at it in 3D shows the lining in real time.. and Doc says everything looks wonderful and that i can continue to take HRT ..they are from a compounded pharmacy ..but i am going to change my dose and Add a little more progestrone..as Thinks that will help and keep me from spotting..
I'm so happy about the results..

Closed Thread