It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

diannemc HB User
I need help!

I just can't take this anymore...what do I need to do...no sleep at night.. acid reflux is bad...I am so confused on what to do....I have gone to the doctor he wants to put me on hormones...I don't want that...I am so scared to take anything because I don't want my acid reflux to get worst..Does anyone out there have reflux problems and take some of these natural things without making the reflux worst...Does Black Cohosh cause reflux problems??

Last edited by diannemc; 08-10-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: I need help!

I haven't heard anything about cohosh and reflux...I'm on cohosh myself for menopause, and it's helping me quite a lot.
My husband, who has reflux, has started taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with water each morning, and he is already feeling better after only three days' worth.
I'm with you, don't go on replacement hormones unless you absolutely HAVE to.
I was on Prempro for six weeks and felt great, but I started reading so many scary
articles about it that I weaned myself off of them.

Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

hi
Im on HRT and I'm also on generic prilosec. i don't have acid reflux i have pain in my tummy from foods had an endoscopy done and they found nothing wrong so take as needed ..i do feel that HRT has a lot of benefits and that is a personal thing whether you take it or not..I have been on compounded hormones for at least 15 years just had a vaginal ultra sound today where they inject a liquid in and everything just wonderful..no build up of the lining and The doc said it was okay to keep taking hormones....I'm so happy about that

Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi ladies,
Glad you're here diannemc, and just know you're not alone! I've never had acid reflux my whole life until recently. So I started taking simple OTC 12 hour Pepcid, and it seems to be working fine. Plus, there's a new herbal product to help you sleep on the shelves now. Has all natural ingredients that make one sleepy. Comes in a box in the vitamin section of any major store.

Lastly, I'm SO glad you decided against HRT! It is very dangerous as I'm sure you're aware of. I personally can't take it due to other health reasons, but wouldn't even if I could! Women who do go on HRT are healthy and know the risks. Black Cohosh combined with Soy Isoflavones are good natural products to help with peri-meno symptoms (like hot flashes, night sweats). I take it with my vitamins and food & haven't noticed any reflux/ stomach problems from these. Good luck to you! Take care & God bless, ~Kaz

Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

HRT has never given me any digestive issues...now, soy, that's a different story....

Old 08-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Dianne,

Acid reflux is no absolutely no fun. I was diagnosed with GERD awhile back and put on Zantac 150. I take one in the morning after breakfast and I am usually good for the day. Once in awhile I will also need a Tums. The apple cider vinegar also works as stated by Sue. It gets your digestive enzymes going prior to a meal. As far as the menopause symptoms go, try Estroven Extra Strength it really helps. It's all natural and you can get it at any supercenter but Costco has the best price on it.

Hope this helps,
Missy

Old 08-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #7
(female)

diannemc HB User

Thanks everyone..It helps so much to know others are out there to talk to...I am feeling a little better this morning...as far as the reflux goes...but Still waking up 4 or 5 times at night with chills then sweats...So glad I don't work..I don't think I could do it. If I could just get pass these hot flashes and night sweats...I have been going through this for a year now...They have gotten so intense..I just stay at home most the time..I get chills them feel sick and break into sweats.. when I have one my skin (the top part of my body mostly) feels like I have the worst sunburn with ants stinging it..it is horrible...This is just a horrible time...in a woman's life! I have seen nothing good at all..It is so bad I wish I had a period! I think I would feel better!

Closed Thread