It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
(female)

ozbecky HB User
Endometrium Thickening

Good Evening, I am a post-menopausal 58yo . I recently had lower abdominal pain (off and on about a month and 1/2) brought on by lower back pain which I think was mild sciatica. Two ultrasounds indicated thickened endometrium. No other symptoms, no bleeding only the mild cramps. GP says to see GYNO for possible hyperplasia, neoplasia or polyps. Anyone had similar experience? thanks

Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User
Re: Endometrium Thickening

I just had a ultra sound where they inject saline into the uterus so they can check the lining but mine was okay i had been spotting off and on for about a month..but i'm HRT and that can sometimes cause that ..the lining was normal so I was happy about that and will continue to take HRT as it makes my life worth living at least for me it does ..I'm 65..

You can also get a build up of the lining of you uterus after menopause because if you still have ovaries you produce some estrogen and that can make the lining thicken ..so you should have it checked out just to be on the safe side..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
(female)

ozbecky HB User

Thanks for the info. I have booked into GYNO for tomorrow for next steps. Rather doubt I will know much more until they can do some tests and obtain results. Fingers crossed it's only another factor of getting older! I had thought that staying off any drugs would have been a good thing...but if the ovaries are up to their old tricks, I'm thinking maybe I should have gone on something for menopause......ah well hindsight...always 20/20! Thanks again.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #4
(female)

Lady221 HB User

Hi, I'm 55 (menopause for 8 yrs now) and have the same symptoms. No bleeding, lower back pain off and on, biopsy was normal, lining was 7mm thick (normal is 4mm) I've seen 3 OBGYN's and all three say it's ok. They are mainly concerned if you have bleeding. Have you had your hormones checked? Mine are a mess. I'm trying to find a Dr. that knows what they are doing with hormones.
Hope all goes well for you.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #5
(female)

cartman4 HB User

I just had the exact same issue. I am very upset. My Dr. wants to take another ultra sound in 2 months. She wants to rule out that the thickening is not from a very difficult IUD removal two days before the ultrasound. If it is still thick she wants to do a D&C. What was your Dr. recommendation. I am also 58. Lining was 10 mm

Last edited by cartman4; 08-27-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
(female)

Lady221 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman4 View Post
I just had the exact same issue. I am very upset. My Dr. wants to take another ultra sound in 2 months. She wants to rule out that the thickening is not from a very difficult IUD removal two days before the ultrasound. If it is still thick she wants to do a D&C. What was your Dr. recommendation. I am also 58. Lining was 10 mm
Keep us posted (as I will also) It seems OB's all have a different way of approaching this. I've been to 3 of them. One said no problem, see you in 1 yr. 2nd one said she wanted to do a histeroscopy/D&C. The 3rd wanted to start on progesterone (vaginal).

Old 08-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

I have the same thing its caused by HRT and then its never built up I just have some spotting well I just had the procedure where they inject saline in the uterus and look at it on a ultra sound and they can now look at it in 3D like they do when you can actually see a baby just like its real thing ..but now a month later I'm spotting again and its more than it was before..so am going to call the doctor next week and see what I should do..He said the endometrium looked great no polpys and no lesions of anykind..so now I do not know what is going on

Closed Thread