It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
Perimenopause

I am still having my periods, but some symptoms seem so much worse when I am.

I been getting severe spells of nausia, tense feelings, elevated heart rate ( sometimes it feels like it'sfast but I check and it's normal, others times it is in fact upin the 100's, I recently had 4 spells where I got really hot and it lasted about a minute or two, I have been taking 30 minute naps in the daytime, dizzy spells, I feel out of breath sometimes, blood pressure spikes.

Could al lthis be due to peri menopause? I asked my doctor and she said well that would be a stretch. But I have looked it up and some of the symptoms match up. It's driving my doctor crazy because I dont know if it's my blood pressure medication or if it's me.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: Perimenopause

Hi Flutterbye,

It all sounds like peri to me. I have all of those symptoms and then some. It seems to get really bad a week or so before my period, lasts through the period and then takes a few days after my period to lighten up a bit. The nausea is something knew for me though. For the last few months I noticed it right before a period starts, started tracking my symptoms in a notebook and sure enough it all occurs for me right after ovulation. I missed the last two months of periods and hoping that was it, but out of the blue got slammed with a doozy just the other day. Good grief does this ever end????

There are alot of symptoms of peri/meno that doctor's don't seem to be aware of. After being on this board for awhile now and reading so many women's posts, I truly believe that these doctors should update their handbooks!!!!

Try to hang in there and not let it frighten you. When this all started happening to me it scared the witts out of me, but when I finally accepted it all to be related to the change of life it became easier.

Take care,
Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread