It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

worm01 HB User
new to this whole perimenopausal thing, help!

HI! I'm 39 and been experiencing all the symptoms of perimenopause i.e. mood swings, foggy memory, hard time sleeping, irregular periods with vicious pms and cramping, and even a hard time focusing my eyes to read at times. Went to a gyn. yesterday, I live in mexico by the way, and she told me I wasn't menopausal, too young, and I was probably bi-polar. lol I don't think I'm that, but followed some of my friends' advice who are the same age as me and having the same symptoms and am now using a progesterone gel (not a lot available here as in the u.s.) twice a day. How long does it take before you start to feel the effects? And, should I continue to use it while I'm having my period? I'm in the dark here as what to expect. Can't buy books here on this type of thing and obviously my gynecologist isn't going to be of any assistance.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: new to this whole perimenopausal thing, help!

Hi Worm01,

Welcome to the board! Alot of women around your age have posted here with peri symptoms also.

When I started using the progesterone cream, I was told it could take up to 30 days to start working, but I noticed a difference in about 7-10 days. I use my cream once a day for three weeks out of the month. When your period starts, stop using it for a week.

Hope this helps and hang in there because peri is one wild ride!!!

Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

worm01 HB User

Thanks Missy! I've noticed I'm not alone at all with the women's postings on here so that at least puts me at ease, but do appreciate your direction on the cream application. I'm getting no support down here, so thanks so much!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
(female)

1wholuvsbooks HB User

Hi, you are probably right about thinking of peri-menopause it can start early I believe because I've been told it can last as long as 7 years. Mood changes and feeling depressed and all kinds of emotional symptoms accompany it. Do some reading on this site re: on Anti-depression meds and look into info about it on some other medical sites before taking anything and maybe get a second oppinion because there are side effects to the meds which are unpleasant to say the least.

Closed Thread