It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

Daisy1917 HB User
Unhappy Too many cycles!!! Is this a sign of menopause?

Why is this happening? I am 39 years old. I have had my cycles since I was 10 yrs old. I have 2 children. (normal pregnancies). I have not been using birth control for many years now since my husband was "fixed". My cycles used to be pretty regular. Every 3-4 weeks or so. Some time ago I started noticing some brownish discharge between cycles. Didn't really think much of it since there wasn't any pain. Currently on July 19th I started my cycle. 1st and 2nd days are always the worst (The kind that makes you not want to leave the house) . Lasted about 5 days. Then on August 7th I started another cycle. The flow was normal but the discomfort was more intense. Then...on Sunday August 22nd I started another cycle. This time I feel like I am completely ill. The pain is intense. I feel like my whole abdomin is on fire. The flow is very average. My 1st and 2nd day was not the normal heavy flow, it was more like my 3rd and 4th day. I am also having symptoms that are not the usual for me. I feel flush, my face feels very warm. (no fever though). I feel dizzy most of the time. I am still on this cycle and as I write this, I sometimes have to blink a few times to get my eyes to focus. I have a tingling feeling up and down both arms. Like I have ants all over my arms. I feel like my brain is fuzzy. Weird, i know. Like I can't stay on track.

One year from next month I will have had my cycle for 30yrs. I have been lucky so far to have not had any MAJOR female problems like many of you out there. Maybe this is a pre-menopause thing going on. I would really like to know if anyone else out there has any suggestions. Has anyone had something similar occur?

Any thoughts and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!
Please ask questions as well, i may have forgotten something.
Thanks sooo much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Too many cycles!!! Is this a sign of menopause?

Daisy1917: Welcome to the boards! This is why they call it the Change of Life. Your body is changing and your hormone are fluctuating. It's all part of the process. What's happening is normal. Women can start peri as early as 30 years old.

See if you can get your hands on Dr. John Lee's books "What your Dr. won't tell you about premenopause" and he's got one on Menopause too. They're a load of info.

You might want to see if you can see an endocrinologist and have your hormones, adrenals and thyroid checked out. Your regular PCP or Gyno won't do the tests because they think they're useless. You'll be able to find out if you're in need of some HRT. Alot of women benefit from some progesterone.

As your ovaries stop making the progesterone the production is picked up by the adrenals. The weight gain you'll get is the body's way of preparing to hold estrogen in the fat cells. That's why women develop fat around their bellies and thighs and hips.

I found out I was estrogen dominant because I started having seizures 5 years ago. It's the hormones changing and making the brain cells misfire. It's the same thing when women end up with migraines.

See if you can get your vitamin levels checked and see if you're low on Vit B12, B6, magnesium and more. Get checked for diabetes, too. You've listed some of the symptoms of low blood sugar - dizziness, blurred vision, and tingling in the arms. You could have low blood sugar as a side effect of estrogen dominance. Look it up. There's around 40 side effects of it. It's all in Dr. Lee's books.

Does your dizziness go away if you have something to eat? I get dizzy and disoriented and confused with these seizures. I don't want to scare you. If you want more info on me read some of my posts.

Right now it just sounds like you're at the beginning of peri and it's going to be a long ride for you. Get the HRT if you think you really need it. I'm sure you'll hear from many others on here that are here to support you. Good luck

Old 08-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
(female)

Daisy1917 HB User

Thank you for the reply,

I am currently on monthly B12 injections. Have been for over a year now. My sugar level is good. I take Folic Acid as well for my iron. I am on Synthroid for my Thyroid. My blood pressure tends to run low. Guess thats why I dont so well in the hot weather.

I always thought that when a women starts the "change" that the cycles become less frequent ( i have never missed cycles, except during pregnancy)..... never thought that they would increase? So why are they increasing?

Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Daisy1917: It's from the estrogen dominance. I just looked it up in the book. Heavy bleeding can occur when the uterus is exposed to relatively high levels of estrogen that stimulate excessive growth of the uterine lining. It's also possible that it's a mixed signal from the brain, from the adrenal glands in the form of stress hormones, and from a variety of xenohormones in the environment.

Look up xenohormones and xenoestrogen and get more info on them.

I have a friend that was having excessive bleeding and she finally got it to slow down by taking black cohash (sp). Taking the progesterone will help offset the estrogen dominance. Look it up and see how many of the 40 side effects you might have.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Daisy,

Also, welcome to the boards!

Does sound like it could be the start of peri, I too have most of the symptoms that you have described but I am 51 and still going thru peri. When your menstrual pains get that bad, fill up a hot water bottle and put it on your abdomen and lay down for about 30 minutes, it helps tremendously. You may want to make an appt. with your gyno just for a checkup. I don't think hormone testing would be that valuable right now because they are probably fluctuating alot. I am sure everything is okay, it sounds like normal hormonal fluctuations. Just for your ease of mind, I would check it out with a gyno.

Hope this helps,
Missy

Last edited by missy222; 08-25-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Closed Thread