It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

ThinBones HB User
Help!! Where did my waistline go?????

Some women never notice menopausal symptons.....I am not one of them..... I have had no periods for six months now. I thought I would just die after months of little sleep accompanied by severe night sweats.. It really changes your personality being sleep deprived. The hod flashes have subsided a bit now, now I feel like I could sleep forever some nights. I am so listless and tired, I just hate it. I have gained 15 pounds, I think 10 is in my waistline, no diet changes at all but less energy for sure. I am ready for HRT but know very little about it. Does anyone have any advice? I know the risks but I am also have osteoporosis so I am not afraid....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
(female)

ThinBones HB User
Re: Help!! Where did my waistline go?????

Hello - Guess no one out there has any of these symptoms???? Oh well,l doesn't hurt to try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
(female)

Sunlover630 HB User

I hear ya!! I gained about 10 pounds in 2 months - ALL IN MY WAIST!! I still fit in my jeans (my legs) but I can't button them anymore, I just fold the flaps down... FYI, I'm 51.
I too have not had a period for about 5 months, but night sweats drive me crazy! At least once per hour and then I go into what I call the "sweat-a-thon" an hour or more of about 10 hot flashes and sweating. I have found one thing that helps with that (not totally, but maybe 50%) and that is going to the gym. I have been dead tired, just wanted to lay on the bed, but I made myself get to the gym and do a heavy half hour work out on the treadmill. Came home feeling wonderful! I have had so much energy lately I am happy to go to the gym. Not losing any weight, but not gaining anymore either. And I still eat my ice cream and candy and all that good stuff. You will hate like heck to get in that car and drive to the gym feeling like you just want to veg on the computer or in front of the TV, but once you come home from there, you'll be a new woman... you can help with the bone problems by adding some weight lifting to your week too. I guess you'd have to ask your doctor about that, as only he knows how bad your bones are right now - you don't want to injure yourself!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Thinbones,

Menopause can be very rough for some of us gals here. I am still in peri at 51 and struggling everyday. The night sweats are really bad and they due drain you. I can't tell you how many bed pillows I have tossed in the trash from it.

Make sure you are taking a good multi-vitamin and extra B vitamins for energy.

I know nothing about HRT because I an trying to do this all natural, but I hear you, if you think your ready for HRT to ease your symptoms, go for it! I think we all reach our point where we are willing to do or take anything to ease our symptoms.

Hang in there and we are right here for support if you need some.

Missy

Old 09-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
(female)

ThinBones HB User

Thanks for the replies..... I know exercise is the key, I stare at our treadmill and I am almost ready, if I don't, I feel like my muscles will continue to waste (or waist) away.... The gym would be great for this stage and that is my next strategy.... My bones are pretty good still as I did take Forteo for almost two years with good improvement but with menopause upon me now, that is the worry time. Some day there will be a magic pill for all to take to decrease all the side effects of aging for women. Men really do have it better later in life!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #6
(female)

Trang123 HB User

OMGoodness, I can relate to this. I have been to my doctor for a few months now telling him I have suddenly put on 10 kg's in 4 months and lost all energy. I also get hot flushes that last anywhere from 2 minutes to 10 or more. My whole face feels like I am checking a roast in the oven and the heat on your face when you open the oven, that is what it feels like.
Personally I think us woman have got a bad rap from mother nature...guys breeze through life and we are stuck with all this? not fair
Does anyone have a feeling of being spaced out or feeling dizzy or disconnected. I started this about 4 months ago as well. I have been in peri-menopause for about 2 years now according to blood tests. I'm 48.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
(female)

Sunlover630 HB User

I've been "spacey" too! In so much as when my daughter or someone talks to me I can't keep my mind on what they are saying, my mind goes blank - no thoughts in it at all, just an empty shell!
And I was always bad with starting things and not finishing them, I am 10 times worse now! When I think of everything I have half done and think of finishing something, I get totally overwhelmed and flop down in the computer chair instead!

Closed Thread