It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

sarah1963 HB User
Unhappy Feeling ill can this be perimenopause

Hi just looking on internet and came across this site. I am 47 years old, my periods are still regular had 1 blip recently had a period 17 days from my previous one. For the past 12 months my periods have lasted 12 days, been having night sweats but no hot flushes in day. Went to my gp had blood test FSH high so ok I am peri. But all off a sudden feel really poorly, headaches, dizzy every day, anxiety through the roof, thinking I have a serious illness. Emotions I want to cry all the time, pains in my neck shoulders and really strange feelings in my back, like a squeezing sensation round my kidney area. gp checked urine fine. I am really struggling everyday, just getting through the work day nightmare, can't remember things. The dizziness is the hardest thing. Just reading some of the messages have made me feel a little better, don't feel so alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Feeling ill can this be perimenopause

Sarah1963: Welcome to the boards!!!! You're not alone. See if you can get your hands on 2 books by Dr. John Lee. "what your dr. won't tell you about menopause" and he's got one on Premenopause too. What you're feeling is normal. This is why they call it the Change of Life.

You might want to consider using some progesterone cream. You're probably having anovulatory cycles and not producing enough progesterone. Progesterone is the "calming hormone".

Look up Estrogen Dominance and see if you've got any of the 40 side effects of it.

You also need to get tested for diabetes, thyroid, adrenal glands, magnesium, Vit B12, B6 and whatever else you can get the doctor to test. If your PCP won't do it go to an endocrinologist and get it done.

Your hormones are going wacky and making you feel the way you feel. If you're exercising that's good, if not then try to get some in.

I'm sure you'll get some more responses. Look at some other posts on here of women in your shoes. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
(female)

sarah1963 HB User

Hi Thank you for your reply, I will certainly take your advice and get the books and go back and see my gp. One thing I forget to mention was that I am loosing weight and everywhere I look it says about weight gain. So that makes me more anxious!!! Do some women loose weight rather than gain when they are going through this? Once again thanks for your reply.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
(female)

snowflake51 HB User

Sarah.I lost weight to. Almost 20 pounds..may be more.Not getting on the scale anymore.I went form 137 pounds to 117.Think i,m back up to 120 right now but not sure. I dont know if its the anxiety or just feeling so ill that i cant really eat.For some reason i feel semi ok in the evenings and thats when i mostly eat so i,m sure thats a big factor.
Mine started this year..just feel really ill actually.Had every test done including Mri's ,Ct scans of my head...all organ tests(kidneys,liver,heart,bladder etc etc) All kinds of blood work..feel like they have taken gallons at this point. Only thing i,m low in is B12 so taking a supplement but may need shots..and i,m Menopausel but honestly somedays i,m almost non functional and just cant beleive there isnt soemthing more going on..something they are missing because i cant beleive Meno would make anyone non functional. I quit my job in May,just didnt have the energy or the will to be able to cope. Did start back last week but think that was a mistake I,m a groomer and work for myself so it was easy to stop and start.Not good for my clients though.They want dependability
I feel generally unwell..have tingling, burning sensations..mostly legs but it can travel.Heaad never really feel right..always foggy... used to be dizzy but now just unclear and foggy feeling,no energy and i used to have tons of it.I did almost becoem housebound..reclusive. Would only go out if i really had to..to Doctors and such. I havnt had a period since December now.. wish it would just be over and i could get back to being "me"

Old 08-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
(female)

sarah1963 HB User

Hi Snowflake, thank you for your reply. This whole thing is just awful. Everyday there seems to be a new thing. Over the past couple of weeks I noticed that my discharge had decreased so thought OK that could be peri, then over the last few days the discharge is greenish. Is this another symptom or something else. I don't know if I should go to the doc's or not (I think soon I will have my own weekly slot)! On one hand I am conviced that I have womb cancer but then is that the anxiety? I have only had one blood test which was FSH, which was high and my doc says perimenopausal, I am just worried that it is cancer but because of my age it will be overlooked. Everyday seems hard at the moment. Sorry to go on but it is difficult to talk to people about this it seems easier to talk on this forum.

Closed Thread