It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User
older and menopause

I know at my age and symptoms I am have to be having hormone something going on. I just would like to know how many women were 55 and still having periods and not gone completely through menopause. I will be 55 in February. And really expected to be through menopause by now. I joined this board years ago when I was having symptoms and can't believe I am still reading here and not gone through it. My mother had a hystorectomy at 40 so don't know how old she would have been. What I experience now is more intense and more variety as I had 10 years ago. The latest scary thing I had was a feeling of tuning fork through my head that lasted 2 days then a headache for 2 weeks. I am going to see a nuero sept 3. I have a balance problem from inner ear disease that started when I was 30 so as far as hormones affecting my balance I have trouble with that. I now have a period every 22 days and have been doing that for about a year now. When hormones checked the doctor says they are normal I don't show menopause. I see him again in February to have them recheck. Only good thing I guess is protecting the bones. I don't understand really how I can have so many symptoms of perimenopause and feel really rotten. I also get night sweats. And my hormones be normal in blood testing. I am also loosing hair on my head and looking bald on a spot this really makes me sad to be going to be bald. Never really thought about it until it started happening its the pits we feel bad and get a fat stomach and then go blad this sucks.

Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: older and menopause

Hi Linda,

I hear you it does suck. I am 51 and still having periods. Recently went to see a dermatologist for my hair loss and she checked my hormones and told me everything was normal also. Now I know I am in peri due to all my symptoms so I am beginning to think it's a waste of money to have hormones tested. My sister had her hormones tested and they also came out normal and she hasn't had a period since in seven years. I guess we just need to listen to our bodies instead of lab results.

Hang in there! I know balding and the fat gut are absolutely no fun!!! And don't get me started on the dry, wrinkly skin and the unwanted face hair!!!

Take care,
Missy

Closed Thread