It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

crmn2dnce HB User
Question hot flashes at age 33

I have been getting hot flashes for years now and don't know why. I first noticed them when I was pregnant with my son at age 20, but only if I needed to eat. I am now 33 and for the past few years, I can just be sitting on the couch and the middle of my back between my shoulder blades will get so hot I have to lean forward to cool off. I will start sweating for no apparent reason. I am too young to be going through menopause, but I have been on the Depo Provera birth control shot for about 12 years which causes me to have no period. I went to my gynecologist a few years ago and she couldn't explain it, she even took chest x-rays and blood-work but found nothing. Can anyone give me any insight on this please.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
(female)

NancyEllen HB User
Re: hot flashes at age 33

I take 5000 International Units of Vitamin D and haven't had a hot flash or night sweats in six months. It's unbelievable but it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
(female)

Jennyk37 HB User

I am kind of thinking that when you were PG, it might have been gestational diabetes because it was only when you had to eat. As for now, it is probably due to the depo provera and the long time you have been on it. I was on it for five years a long time ago, but I don't remember having problems like that. If you haven't been to your gyn in several years, I would definetely be planning to see him or her every year for a pap smear because you could be having cervical cancer or breast cancer and you wouldn't know it. You need to be checked out regularily. I'm sorry, if you are, please forgive me, but what you said about asking your gyn about the hot flashes years ago sounded like you haven't been seeing anyone in recent years. It is so important to get a checkup regularly, especially as you are in your 30's now. I am only sayin this because I care. Good luck!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

I was 39 1/2 when my first perimenopausal symptoms started. I'm now 53 and it's coming down to the wire. I've had 3 periods this year. I'm not on any birth control since hubby had the big operation years ago. Our kids are mothers themselves. Anyway, the symptoms last for years and years and years. You are at the beginning.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
(female)

HappyLefty HB User

You are not too young to be going through menopause. I am 31 and I am perimenopausal. My doctor has diagnosed with premature menopause last month and said that I started peri last October on my 31st birthday. A product called Flash-Ease has helped me. You can find the supplement at a compounding pharmacy. It contains phytoestrogens which my doctor said are natural hormones because they are plant based. It helps all my perimenopause symptoms. The Flash-Ease also contains a mixture of herbs. I hope this help you in some way.

Last edited by HappyLefty; 09-24-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Old 09-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
(female)

crmn2dnce HB User

Jennyk37, I see my gynecologist every year for a pap, and also every 10 weeks for my shot. I have not mentioned it to my new gynecologist that took over for the old one that retired, but I would imagine it is in my records. maybe I will ask them again on my next appointment in about 6 weeks. I have never been diagnosed with diabeties either, even though the doctor took blood tests at the time. I am not sure what her reason was for doing chest x-rays, or how it relates to hot flashes.

Happy lefty I will look up perimenopause to see what it says as far as symptoms and age.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
(female)

HappyLefty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLefty View Post
You are not too young to be going through menopause. I am 31 and I am perimenopausal. My doctor has diagnosed with premature menopause last month and said that I started peri last October on my 31st birthday. A product called Flash-Ease has helped me. You can find the supplement at a compounding pharmacy. It contains phytoestrogens which my doctor said are natural hormones because they are plant based. It helps all my perimenopause symptoms. The Flash-Ease also contains a mixture of herbs. I hope this help you in some way.
In my previous reply that I have quoted, I forgot to mention that I am estrogen deficiant. If you are estrogen dominant then this may not work but if it does then you probably are estrogen deficiant too. So if it doesn't work try to be positive and try a different approach.

Closed Thread