It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
I think I have another new symptom

My last period I thought I had a stomach bug in conjunction with my period. I felt sort of nauseous, wasn't interested in eating and feeling something intestinal. I also felt like I had to keep taking deep cleansing breaths. I used to need to breath like that when I was pregnant, like the hormones were doing something to me and I couldn't keep enough oxygen in me.

Anyway, I passed that off last month as a stomach bug with my period. Well, I woke up at 4 am feeling icky. Sort of like I ate something off and it was hitting me. Got up and got a drink and had to use the bathroom a couple of times. I was trying to think if I had eaten anything bad but nothing was coming to mind. Then I got scared I was having a heart attack since I've been dealing with the heart palps, although none were happening at that time. I was so scared wondering if I should go to the ER, would I collapse in the car and crash on the way there? And the stress only made my stomach and intestines act up more.

I did finally go back to bed and sleep for an hour or two more. But when I got up I feel like I have some kind of bug slight food poisoning. Fatigued, stomach feels yucky. But as time went on it began to let up and I ate some breakfast.

Then I remembered I had this exact same thing last month with my period!

Is this a symptom? Do any of you feel sick and shakey when you get your period now? Why do women have to be subjected to such misery? It's not fair!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: I think I have another new symptom

irisrose: this could possibly be low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). It's one of the 40 side effects of estrogen dominance. The symptoms of low blood sugar are: shaking, fast heartbeat, sweating, anxiousness, dizziness, hunger, impaired vision, weakness and fatigue, headaches and irritability. You can have low blood sugar and not be diabetic. Insulin is a hormone and it messes with the other hormones that are getting out of whack from menopause.

If it continues get checked out. You also don't want to end up with IBS or Celiac disease.

The symptoms for High Blood sugar are: extreme thirst, frequent urination, dry skin, hunger, blurred vision, drowsiness, and nausea. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you stressed? Hormones will mess with you in those aspects of your life too. There are some bugs going around out there too so make sure you get checked if it doesn't get better. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Thanks 92261! This morning it felt like low blood sugar or low blood pressure. I tend to be on the low end of the blood pressure scale anyway. I thought of low blood pressure because this was a pretty heavy period for me compared to previous ones. It came 2 days early w/o really any warning.

And no, I haven't been sleeping well because of the heart palpitations. I started getting those sporadically 2wks ago when I was ovulating but they weren't bad or disrupting my sleep - just very sporadic. Then Saturday night, 2-3 days before my period, they escalated to all day long and all night long heart palps. I didn't go to the dr because I had gone through a different kind of heart palp issue 2yrs prior and went through all of the tests, EKG, Echo, 24hr holter monitor, blood work and nothing was found unusual. So they gave me xanex to help with the stress. So unless something has gone drastically wrong in the past couple of years with my heart, I felt like going to urgent care or ER wouldn't yield any results. Or what it might do is get me more drugs that I really don't want to take. So I've been trying to treat it myself at home and it has been letting up with the palps but this sick, shakey feeling is something new. This perimeno stuff is really unnerving and annoying!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Irisrose,

I am totally shakey all the time since these peri symptoms became intense. I have posted about it in the past and other women also. Have checked my blood sugars when experiencing the "shakes" but all is normal. Don't know what causes them but I do believe it's related to estrogen levels.

Missy

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-10-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
(female)

misstlynn HB User

irisrose,

I get nausea also and the sick feeling around my period. I also get a sort of cramp in my stomach right before that nausea. I think that it is hormone related. I get the palps also. I have been having them more frequently now. I can wake up in the middle of the night with the nausea. I think it could be related to some kind of hot flash too but I am not getting the heat with it. Sometimes I will get anxious with it also but not always. Life is just a roller coaster ride now, and it's not the fun kind!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
(female)

HappyLefty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisrose View Post
Is this a symptom? Do any of you feel sick and shakey when you get your period now? Why do women have to be subjected to such misery? It's not fair!
Yes I do think it is a part of perimenopause. I do feel sick and shakey lately when I get my period especially since I started peri. Why women have to sujected to so much misery, I have no clue! You are right It Is Not Fair!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
(female)

s cubed HB User

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever have a month where I don;t have a new symptom. It seems you get rid of one annoying thing and then another pops up or one that you haven't had in a while seems to resurface. Right now I go back and forth between feeling perfectly fine and then all of a sudden my eyes feel dry or my mouth is dry and then my breasts feel tender ( these feelings are happening right now). My husband thinks I over analyze every ache and pain which to some extent is true,but sometimes they knock you out for days or weeks at a time. I wonder what women did 100 years ago! I sometimes wonder if all the chemicals and preservatives that are put in foods affect our hormones in such a drastic way.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hi s cubed! I know what you mean about new symptoms or ones you thought you got rid of come back. And that's what I'm dealing with - a nasty one that came back. Not the feeling like yuck when I get my period but heart palps and trouble sleeping. I HATE this one!!

The women 100 years ago lead a different life too. Not only did they not eat processed, preserved, high fructose corn syrup food - they physically worked. Just like people back then weren't often overweight because of the food, they often weren't overweight because they chopped wood, walked to town or rode a horse or washed the clothes by hand and made all of their food from scratch. Our lives are so different. I wouldn't trade my life with a pioneer or early 1900s woman for a million bucks. But I bet they didn't have quite the symptoms we modern day gals deal with.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
(female)

JoRees29 HB User

OMG. Same thing for me this month. Felt sick, nausea and thought something was wrong with my lower stomach extending to my back...then realized it was period cramps...didn't have these very much and P lasted 10 days so far.
When you say Senior ...how old is that...I am 48 this month! So sad if all this crap starts.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

JoReese29, I'll be 48 next month. And I'm also dealing with heart palpitations like I've never had before! I'd have a few here and there. But these have been coming with my period and to a lesser degree with my ovulation - and they just go and go. Been to the ER with them last month and was told benign PVCs.

But one of my other posts on this board is about an endocrinologist pretending to be a cardiologist that has me scared. I wish these doctors would stick to what they know. Simply speculating does nothing for a patient's peace of mind! So now I'm waiting to get in with cardio again to make sure there's nothing going on there :sigh:

If this is all perimeno related, I certainly wish I could get out of this club already! My sister who's been through menopause already told me that the actual menopause part was NOTHING compared to the years leading up to it. She said it was awful.

Last edited by irisrose; 10-05-2010 at 06:20 AM.

Closed Thread