It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

cjac HB User
FSH Levels High Still Having Periods On HRT?

I have been in perimenopause for 3 years now with horrible symptoms, irregular periods, hot flashes, and worst of all is the anxiety and depression. Have been going to the doctors and have tried everything from birth control, anti-depressants, vitamins with not much improvement. Blood work always came back within normal levels. One doctor said I had fibroids also.

Well I think I finally found a great doctor. She did a ultrasound and sonogram of my uterus. No fibroids. all was normal. The blood work showed I was menopausal! Very high FSH levels. I am still having periods but very irregular.

I am on the Vivelle dot patch, which is just estrogen. Don't I need progesterone with that?

I will be seeing my doctor again in a few weeks but was wondering is anyone else is on the patch without added progesterone who has not had a hysterectomy?

The patch seems to be working, but this is the week out of the month that I usually feel good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
(female)

Lily Mae HB User
Re: FSH Levels High Still Having Periods On HRT?

Hi Cjac

I sympathise with you truely. I am coming up 49 and I went on HRT patches just 2 weeks ago as the Dr said it would help with the night time hot flashes and may also help with my general well being. She recommended 2 wks of just estrogen and then 2 wks of combined estrogen and progesterone. By using the combined for the last 2 weeks stops a build up on the lining of your womb. Too early to say if it is doing any good but I will let you know.

My periods have gone from being regular for years, every 28 days on the dot, to going every 2 wks or so and severe cramps too. I am very low and weepy which is totally out of character , tired, dizzy and nauseus, dry skin and eyes and terrible headaches and chest and stomach pain ( I do suffer from jaw related problems and wonder if menopause is also effecting this as i know it can affect bones ). Not having a very good time of it at the moment but forever hopeful that this will pass sooner rather than later. Good Luck

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-27-2010 at 04:46 AM. Reason: removed quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread