It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User
Visual disturbance

Good Day Everyone.
Yesterday I got a fright, I was at work and suddenly my right eye began to have a light show, it was white, half moon shape and pulsing and flashing, it lasted for a few minutes. I didn't have a migraine, but I have been having some sinus pain. It was scary. Does this happen to anyone? Is it a symptom of peri menopause? I'm afraid it will come back and it is something serious.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
(female)

b0redmember HB Userb0redmember HB User
Re: Visual disturbance

I had this a couple of years ago in both eyes.....doc called it an ocular migraine ......migraine with no pain....very scary and odd but it does go away ..I still get it every now and then with sinus pressure. Try no to worry, but if it happens often you should get it checked out as it can also involve the vitreous humor of the eye.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

mary, if it were me, i'd go and get an eye check-up just to rule out anything sinister. do some research into 'detached retina' and see what you think about the symptoms. the sooner some eye conditions are diagnosed and treated, the better.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User

I get my eyes checked regularily, never had any problems other than short sightedness. I don't think detatched retina, it completley went away after a few minutes. I have had migraines and I have had flashes of light like this. If it continues, I will go to the doctor. I'm hoping it's an occular migraine with no pain, I am PMSing and do have some sinus pressure.

Mary

Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Mary,

That happened to me about 3 months ago. It was in my right eye only and it looked like a flashing ferris wheel. Scared the crap out of me!!!! I kept on rubbing my eye and pressing on it in hopes it would stop. Didn't have any headache or anything. I always have sinus problems but didn't think it was related to that. I am not sure what it was but it did stop and hasn't came back again, thank goodness!!! When it happened it scared me so much it put me into a full blown panic attack and had to lay down for awhile.

Not sure how it's all related but hang in there you're not alone!

Missy

Old 09-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
(female)

misstlynn HB User

Mandarra,
It sounds like an occular migraine. I get them too. I also get pain in the side of my nose like sinus pressure with them sometimes. I am currently taking 400mg of B2 per my neurologist for the migraines. I can't take regular migraine meds. I don't get the pain like most people. I have been getting them since I was 13. It starts with slight vision disturbance or blind spot in center of vision, then the light show. It then goes into tunnel vision and usually within 30 minutes, it will be gone. I never got used to them and they really are freaky. I am now getting more, now that I am getting closer to menopause. My hormones are crazy! You should consult with a neuro doc to be sure that is what you are experiencing.

Closed Thread