It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

HappyLefty HB User
perimenopause symptoms and questions...........

My doctor diagnosed with premature menopause. I have skipped 3 periods this year but not 3 consective periods. I skipped my period for April, June and August and before that I had started having erratic bleeding from October 21, 2009 to February 20 something, 2010. I have been having vaginal dryness since October 2009. I have been having hot flashes and night sweats since February 2010. I have been having mood swings, irritabilty and being easily aggitated since February 2010. Are sore tender breasts, erratic bleeding, mood swings, irritability, being easily aggitated and Premenstrual Cramps part of perimenopause? Are there any supplements that will help me with the mood swings, irritablity, aggitation, hot flashes, night sweats and premenstrual cramps that work for you. Do you have any advice on how to deal with these symptoms and what I can tell people, so they can understand my situation. Is there anything I can tell people that would help them understand that even though I am only almost 32, I am really going through perimenopause? How do you deal with the night sweats when they wake you up at night and how do you deal with it?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
(female)

s cubed HB User
Smile Re: perimenopause symptoms and questions...........

I had night sweats so bad that I would change my pjs 2x a night and then wipe myself down with a towel. The sheets were soaked, my hair was soaked. I was so tired because I wasn't sleeping. I finally tried acupucture and the first time I did no night sweats for the first night! I was so excited, but it only lasted a couple of days. I go once a week and the only time I get night sweats is around the time of my period, but much milder than before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: perimenopause symptoms and questions...........

I'm sorry that you're going through this at such an early age. I am 50 and my issues with hot flashes and night sweats started a couple of years ago...at least it feels "normal" for my age! It must be tough for you.
A few suggestions. Don't concern yourself about how to convince others of your perimenopause. These are your symptoms and your body and you've got no one to convince. However I strongly advise you, don't allow your symptoms to become who you are. I so agree, it is so difficult to wake up several times each night drenched in sweat and then it's tough to go back to sleep. It's no fun to feel hormonal and agitated throughout the day. Yet you are so much more than this, so don't desire that people feel badly for you. It doesn't matter...you'll still be uncomfortable!! (I know, I've tried it, LOL)
You can go on synthetic hormone replacement, but that is not without its risks. You can try black cohosh with soy flavonoids...they worked for me for a handful of months and that was a blessing.

<edited>

Keep a change of clothes, a glass of water, a towel and a washcloth near your bed. Wipe your bed, put on fresh clothes, cool yourself with a drink and then breathe and relax yourself back to sleep. Yes, it stinks to have these symptoms but we have to battle through to save our sanity!
I'm no doctor but I was interested to see that your periods are missed on alternate months. Have you ever had an ultrasound? If it were me I'd like to be reassured that my ovaries look good.
Take yoga, pray, or do some other kind of restful meditation. Wear your clothing in layers so that you can peel them off. Buy a small electric fan...
I could not survive work if I didn't have mine. And when you feel a hot flash or night sweat, try not to freak out or feel victimized by it. I know that when I do I feel SO much worse. This too shall pass, Sweets!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-24-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules

Old 09-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
(female)

HappyLefty HB User

braveheart: I have had an ultrasound and they can't find anything wrong with my ovaries and uterus, they all look good. I take Flash-Ease which contains Natural Hormones and that seems to help some but I wish it worked better. I get it from a compounding pharmacy.

Last edited by HappyLefty; 09-24-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

They simply adjusted my birth control pills when it began happening to me. That took care of everything.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
(female)

HappyLefty HB User

I am on those too. The BC Pills help. The Flash-Ease in cominbination with the BC Pills is helping but I still have them just not as bad and they still bug me. I wish these things worked though.

Last edited by HappyLefty; 09-24-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
(female)

HappyLefty HB User
Unhappy Re: perimenopause symptoms and questions...........

I have another question concerning hot flashes for you all. Do any of you get nauseated when you get a hot flash and what helps with that? For example supplements or over the counter meds. The Flash-Ease helps ease my hot flashes some but don't help my nausea.

Last edited by HappyLefty; 09-24-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Closed Thread