It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Ok ladies, endocrinologist has me freaked out!!

Since the beginning of Sept I began having PVCs pretty bad. It was either brought on by my period or maybe coincidence. But they were horrible enough that I went to the ER. They got really bad the day before I got my period and stayed pretty bad during the week of. The ER heart monitor said I had benign pvcs. Well they never have gone completely away and here I am with another period and another relentless bout of pvcs.

Trying to take some control over my health and to find answers, I went to an endocrinologist to check my hormones. I wanted my female hormones checked and a better thyroid test. Endocrinologist thought my TSH was a bit low for someone my age so ordered the thyroid antibodies to be sure.

This is what has me scared out of my wits. I told him these started about the time I started running again, which was the end of August beginning of Sept. He immediately said I probably have cardiomyopothy That's no good. That's no good at all!! I told him I had an echo, 24hr holter and blood work 2yrs ago on my heart and all was normal. But he still said I probably had it. People die of cardiomyopothy or at least they don't live very long with it.

I know so many of you have gone through all of this stuff in varying degrees. What do you think? If I had a healthy heart a mere 2-2 1/2yrs ago, is it possible to have cardiomyopathy so severe that I'm having arrhythmias caused by it? Please help me get some peace of mind because this fear of heart disease is NOT going to help with the heart palpitations! Thanks!!

Last edited by irisrose; 10-04-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
(female)

HappyLefty HB User
Re: Ok ladies, endocrinologist has me freaked out!!

When did you start to go through the menopause process? I am asking because when I started going through perimenopause I started to have PVCs/PACs and I am starting to wonder if my hormones are contributing to my palps. Maybe you should be checked by a cardiologist to on bethe safe side, at least that may ease your mind.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-06-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 10-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Irisrose,

I agree with Happylefty, go see a cardiologist just to make sure everything is okay. Your endo shouldn't have said you "probably" have cardiomyopothy without having tests done to back up his statement. Either you have it or you don't. He should of just referred you to a cardiologist. Try not to worry about it, I know easier said then done. I'll bet it's all related to hormones because many of us here have the PVC's also.

Hang in there and let us know what happens.
Missy

Old 10-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

I've been having symptoms of perimenopause for about 2 years. It comes and goes. Sometimes when it comes it's mild and I can ignore most of it. And it's been really not bothering me for quite a long time till this. And it came back with a vengeance!

I managed to get an appt with my cardiologist on Friday. I would love to get another echo done to see what's happening in there. I don't know if they will do it upon my urging. I hope so. That's really the only way I can put this out of my head.

Still haven't heard back from the endo blood work yet. He wanted me to come back for one of those ACTH tests to check my adrenal glands. But I'm going to cardio first. If there is nothing there and I still want to have my adrenal glands checked, I'm looking for a different endocrinologist. Right or wrong, he should never throw out such a serious diagnosis to someone based on a hearing my symptoms in less than 5 minutes. Very unprofessional. I'll find someone else if I choose to pursue the adrenal gland test.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
(female)

sheenameena HB User
Cool Re: Ok ladies, endocrinologist has me freaked out!!

hi irisrose i know what you are going through mine started 2 and a half year ago with a panic attack i have thyroid issues and have done for sixteen years mine was overactive in 2000 i had most of it removed all was well with the thyroxine meds for ten years when things started going wrong my thyroid stasred going overactive again it took a year for it to get under control i became so ill. I devoped all sort of problems ddd stomach issues anxiety depression palps all because of PERIMENOPAUSE just get all the test done that are needed and get some peace of mind that will help with the anxiety and palps and as for peri well once you in your in until you get to the other side just pray that you get there soon god bless.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
(female)

sheenameena HB User

i just want to know when you have thyroid issues what natural soya products can you take that will not interfer with thyroid function and can help with perimenopause symptoms please anyone answer this because i'm not getting any answers so far. thanks a million.

The following user gives a hug of support to sheenameena:
HappyLefty (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
(female)

HappyLefty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenameena View Post
i just want to know when you have thyroid issues what natural soya products can you take that will not interfer with thyroid function and can help with perimenopause symptoms please anyone answer this because i'm not getting any answers so far. thanks a million.
Soya products have not interfered with my thyroid function and they do help with perimenopause symptoms. I hope that helps you some.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I just read a few days ago that foods that naturally block or hinder the thyroid a bit usually might not do so if they are cooked. It was their belief that if it was cooked it changes the food so that it would not block thyroid. It would be interesting to see what happens to levels of thyroid cooked versus uncooked of various foods believed to be blockers or at least slowers versus those which would speed it. Of course everyone decides what to eat for themselves.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
(female)

sheenameena HB User
Cool Re: Ok ladies, endocrinologist has me freaked out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLefty View Post
Soya products have not interfered with my thyroid function and they do help with perimenopause symptoms. I hope that helps you some.
hello and thankyou for your support the reason i ask is that i've had thyroid issues for sixteen years (overactive)i had operation to have most of it removed in 2000. All was well until 2008 when i started drinking apro soya milk for a few months thats when my thyroid started going overactive an thats when all my peri symptoms started its been two and a half years that my body is still out of whack my thyroid is stable and has been for the last six months but has left me in this peri rollercoaster. My docs say that soya does not do anything to the thyroid but i know that all my problems began after drinking apro soya, now i don't want to take hrt but want to find a alternative can't get much info from gps or gynos just need help.

The following user gives a hug of support to sheenameena:
HappyLefty (01-03-2011)
Closed Thread