It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Can't sleep For Night Sweats

I'm 57 and post menopause but continue to suffer from these darn night sweats. I've tried wearing as little as possible, keeping cold water by bed and even putting cold rag around my neck. It's very frustrating to my husband on all the changes I've gone thru since the beginning but now I feel like I sleep better alone! Any ideas? I took hormone for couple of yrs but gyn felt I should get off. It's just at night that I'm miserable. Never really had "hot flashes" but seemed to be hot all the time now, but getting no sleep is rough.

CharBerry

Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User
Re: Can't sleep For Night Sweats

For me, having a fan on when I sleep helps alot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Charberry,

Yes, a fan helps alot. I have started sleeping on top of the covers with just a blanket thrown over me, that way if I get hot I can just kick it off and I don't disturb my husband. Also, try to sleep in light cottom jammies! I think they make menopause pajamas. I saw them on the Dr. Oz show but I haven't tried them.

Hope this helps,
Missy

Old 10-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

Thank you ladies so much! I'm going to get me a blow fan. One problem is that my husband was staying in our town house for the past 3 yrs. working and only came in on weekends. I'd just not sleep with him! Lol. Me & the dog were doing fine.

I did happen to find a bunch of 3 dollar tank tops at WalMart and thin cotton bottoms but I sweat if I'm plum naked. Will be so d()* cold before bed, watching TV and all wrapped up but once I'm in that bed.....I do go to sleep pretty fast (along with some help from my Dr.) It's got to be like having sleep apena where you wake up hundreds of times during the time then exhausted in the mornings. That's how I feel. Now, does it last forever????

CharBerry

CharBerry

Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
(female)

Ginagrumpy HB User

Same here. I'm 55 have stopped H R T for 4 weeks and now am on my own "tropical island"!! Night sweats are horrendeous and i would welcome any help or suggestions, before my husband divorces me! Its nearly winter and i have to have my fan on all night. HELP

Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't think I mentioned in my first post about "my husband divorcing me" but same here! I can't even sleep next to him much less being all huddled up. My hair and around my neck will be wringing wet. Shocked him this morn when he hit my ice pack. LOL. They had a special on Dr. Oz just yesterday about this and named some things to try. Most herbs that you can buy at health food store. Of course, I didn't write them down. My sister has lived in Asia (her husband's work) and she's 51 and hasn't had a symptom whatsoever and still has her periods. These things Dr. Oz mentioned were used by people in Asia. I did buy some cream but can't tell it does anything. I'm open to natural products and if I can look the name of this up from his show, I'll let you know. He also talked about "no sex" and I don't think Robert Redford could arouse me. Lol. It's really a serious problem in my marriage.

CharBerry

Old 11-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
(female)

Mstic1 HB User

Hi,

I've been having some luck with Black Cohosh. This is one of the herbs that Dr. Oz mentioned. You can go to the health food store and see what kind they have. I would try to avoid ones that have alot of other stuff in it though. There is also some that you can buy at the drug store by the name Remifemin. This works well too.

Hope that helps,
Mstic1

Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks! I'm still having them and know the hydrocodone doesn't help. I believe I tried this way back in the beginning per Dr. Nothrups book, but at that time I was not completely not having any periods at all. I have heard a lot about this and will try it again!

Char Berry

Old 11-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
(female)

ripples HB User

I am only 45 and have suffered for about 12 mths with this . I sleep totally in the nuddie with no blankets , during winter even when we are below zero temps . I HATE it , nothing seems to work . Just started HRT but as yet still no joy . Having a hot flush at this very moment , all day and all night . it sucks !

Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripples View Post
I am only 45 and have suffered for about 12 mths with this . I sleep totally in the nuddie with no blankets , during winter even when we are below zero temps . I HATE it , nothing seems to work . Just started HRT but as yet still no joy . Having a hot flush at this very moment , all day and all night . it sucks !

Old 11-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm right there with ya! Thankfully, I can put make up on without it sliding right off now. It seems my worst symptoms are at night and I could go all winter without the heat on! I got some OTC stuff I'm trying but so far not much luck with it. I was on hormones for few years and not sure if she will put me back on them. I think after you take them (find the right kind and amt) you will get some relieve. I would think since I went thru menopause fairly easy and at least 4 yrs ago that I wouldn't start this again? Best of luck to you!

CharBerry

Old 11-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
(female)

Locket25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharBerry View Post
I'm right there with ya! Thankfully, I can put make up on without it sliding right off now. It seems my worst symptoms are at night and I could go all winter without the heat on! I got some OTC stuff I'm trying but so far not much luck with it. I was on hormones for few years and not sure if she will put me back on them. I think after you take them (find the right kind and amt) you will get some relieve. I would think since I went thru menopause fairly easy and at least 4 yrs ago that I wouldn't start this again? Best of luck to you!

CharBerry
Been on HRT for 24 years but tried to get off it for over 7 months but back on it and waiting and waiting for the patches to kick in so I can get some sleep and quality of life back as sweating every hour on the hour 24/7.
Do not think I will ever go off HRT again.
All the best to all
Phyl.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I wonder since I never had a hesterectomy if she would put me back on HRT? Her thing was for safety to only use few years to get you over the hump. Well, I'd just as soon take my chances as to suffer thru this. Maybe I need to go to a new gyn? I know I was much better taking Prempro.

Closed Thread