It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

tatum46 HB User
metformin - severe headache

Hi, I don't know if anyone here is familiar with this drug - it's also called glukofen 850mg - but some drs prescribe it for weightloss. It is drug for diabetics but nothing serious you don't have to be diabetic to take it. Basically stops your body from processing sugars.
Anyway this is where my story begings, after eating almost a bag of candy plus cake and all kinds of other junk sweets I decided to take one. I should also mention my mother and sister also take it and there are no side effects other than ocasional diharea.
I went to bed around 1am, than woke up with SEVERE headache at 3 am. It was so bad. I barely got out of bed and took 2 motring than went back to bed. I was afraid to move my head it hurt so bad.
I know the thing to do would be to ask a doctor but do not have one at the moment. My mom assures me the medicine will not cause headaches.. I went online and looked it is also known as Metformin, and headache is not listed anywhere as a warning or side effect.
I am just worried about what could have caused this..I don't get migranes either. . ofcourse being a hypochondriac first thing pops to my mind is stroke.
Can anyone shed any light on this for me?? What causes headaches anyway??
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

rayel HB Userrayel HB User
Re: metformin - severe headache

Tatum46,

Your post caught my eye because I had a really bad headache yesterday that just would not go away no matter how many OTC painkillers I took. I finally fell asleep and woke up this morning feeling better. What we have in common though is eating lots of sugar. Yesterday was Halloween of course and I really pigged out on candy. It's the first time in a long while that I've had that much sugar. What did help me some was a hot shower. I felt ok for a while but then the headache came back....I was still eating candy too!

The Following User Says Thank You to rayel For This Useful Post:
tatum46 (11-02-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread