It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
(female)

ripples HB User
Unhappy bewildered

Hi, new here, I had a hysterectomy 14 yrs ago ( kept ovaries) . Last 12 months or so have suffered terribly with hot flushes / night sweats and dreadful moodiness . Now I have extremely sore parts down below . Doctor has done all relevant tests and as of yesterday prescribes Tibalone tabs and Ovestin vag.cream . I am only 45 and cannot come to accept what is happening to me . Hubby is great but I know it is wearing him down too . Will it be worth it in the long run taking this treatment ? I loathe the thought of it but see no other option . Thanks for listening

Old 11-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: bewildered

Hi ripples,

Welcome to the board. Sorry you are suffering so. The vaginal cream should help with those problems that you are having but try not to use it for a long period of time. Try it for a couple of months and then go off of it for a month and see if the problem doesn't clear up. With any HRT therapies there are risks, but all of of us have to do what we need to do to get through this time.

Hope you feel better and things work out for you.

Missy

The Following User Says Thank You to missy222 For This Useful Post:
ripples (11-11-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
(female)

ripples HB User
Re: bewildered

Thanks Missy , Not sure how the atrophy prob. can clear up in time though. under the impression now it's happened I will need the oestragen forever more just to get relief from the dryness and pain ( would be nice to be able to wear knickers again )
Been on the Tibalone for 5 days now and no improvement in the slightest , in fact I feel headachey and sick . Food is of no appeal to me anymore . I hope it is only due to some sort of adjusting to the tabs and will get better . As it is I can't see the point in taking them if they make me feel off AND give no relief for hot flushes etc . My husband keeps telling me to perservere and see what happens in time . I just don't know .

Closed Thread