It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

kimberlylarae HB User
Hormon Related or Not

Mid-June I started itching. It involved my entire body, with my scalp, face, ears, arms, and hands the worst. I had sensations of crawling, *****ing, burning, stinging, you name it and feelings I can't even explain. I was on hormone replacement therapy, menopause started 3 years ago, and I'd been on the estrogen patch and progesterone pill for about 1 1/2 years. I had no problems with the hormones before at all. After the itching started I began noticing that during the week of the progesterone pill the itching became unbearable. Then during my period again the the itching became very intense. So last month I went off the pill and the patch to see what would happen because I suspected an allergy. I have been off one month and one week. The itching has been better but has not stopped.

My neurologist did some blood work last month and found that I have iron deficiency anemia and a vitamin B12 deficiency, which can cause these symptoms. Liver and kidney function is fine. Since starting iron and especially since starting high doses of B12 the creepy crawly feelings have all but gone. The itching has been much better but...

This is were it gets strange. On the 8th of this month--the date I would have started the progesterone pill if I were still on hormone therapy--the itching became just as intense as it would have if I were on the progesterone. All this week it's been awful. But I'm not on the hormones. Why the change? It started in the night and kept me up all the rest of that night. I wondered what in the world happened to do that, and then I realized it was the 8th. the day I would have started the progesterone that always makes me itch worse. Maybe just a strange coincidence. I don't know what to think. the entire thing has me baffled.

I do also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Cluster Headaches. I had one 6 week cycle of cluster headaches starting the first of August and now another starting the end of October. I've never had more than one cycle a year before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread