It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
So the doctor says "diet"....yea, right

So I need knee surgery. It will finally happen next year in the spring. So the doctor says to get some weight off now. I know this is important so I start my hard core diet. Unfortunately I am a very good dieter, I just can't keep it off. So I actually knew the smarter thing for me to do was to wait until I was withing 4 months of the surgery to start the diet. That way, even if I do (and probably will) gain it back it will be off when my knees are fixed.

So it's been almost a year since I've had a period. I start my hard core diet on 10/6. And about 3 weeks later I start to feel odd. And quite frankly, I start to notice men. A lot. And I'm not quiet so irritated that my old car has a vibration on the highway.

Then, 2 weeks after that phase I wake up one morning thinking "what is that odd feeling? why, have I wet myself...................OH CRAP".

Yep, a period. One heck of a period. Everything suddenly made sense. And I know it's all about that darned 1200 calories a day. There's something about weight loss that just fires my hormones. And it's amazing how fast I'd forgotten all those many years of monthly symptoms. In just 10 short months I was no longer connecting the dots to all of the issues my body was experiencing.

I am so irritated. I feel like I was that close <holding fingers about 1/2 inch away from each other> to being out of the woods. I got so cocky I even threw away all my supplies. So there I am -- no man, no supplies and can't even eat to make things better. What a world! What a menopausal world!

And in the event someone takes this real seriously and tells me to take a chill pill and relax, I'm just having some fun. Unfortunately every word is true. I'm trading good knees for periods. And I think I should be grateful I don't have a man because I'd hate to have to be explaining that it's a 52 year old woman's time of the month!

Just sharing....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
(female)

redhotmama HB User
Re: So the doctor says "diet"....yea, right

Quote:
Originally Posted by resolution09 View Post
And I think I should be grateful I don't have a man because I'd hate to have to be explaining that it's a 52 year old woman's time of the month!
Just curious why you would hate that? Do you find it embarrassing to have periods in your 50's? If so I think there is no need to be embarrassed really, as a lot of women still get their period at your age, many even past 55 years old.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I didn't stop having them till I was 56 and then only because I went from bcp to hrt.
My mother had them in her 60's. It's not unusual.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hey Resolution!

Long time since I have heard from you! Sorry to hear you're not all the way through this! Going on 52 and still having them too so don't feel alone!! Sounds like you're in a hard spot "knees or periods" both have to suck!! Well, you definitely have to have knees, so I guess you know what you have to do. Consider the vibration in you car an extra!! Oh, how sometimes life is just so good!!! Simple pleasures, that's what I call them. I have one of those shitatsu massagers for your back that you sit on and the seat vibrates also, I call it just an extra bonus!!!

I bet your mom always told you to be prepared. Don't get too cocky and throw away everything anymore. It's miss and hit these days and we never know what's going to happen.

Take care my friend,

Missy

p.s. Hope your diet is going well!!!

Last edited by missy222; 11-22-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Closed Thread