It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
(female)

Nona33 HB User
Menopause symptoms

Apparently I am in menopause, being 52 and fsh level of 59 and off the pill for three months. The only symptom I have is forgetfulness.
What are the other symptoms and why do some take hormones after menopause? Will I need to or do only some women need to?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Menopause symptoms

Nona33: Some women breeze through menopause without any symptoms. The main symptoms are hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, food cravings, memory loss, forgetfullness, insomnia and weight gain around the middle. If you can handle these problems without going on HRT you'll be better off. Most of the issues are caused by decrease in estrogen. You need to be careful with estrogen replacement because estrogen is the main problem that causes cancer in us.

I've never had a hot flash but I ended up with seizures because I'm estrogen dominant - too much estrogen. I've been taking progesterone to try to get it down and it's not working. The only thing it's done to me is make me gain weight. Progesterone is the calming hormone and people take it to help with the moodiness.

If you've got insomnia you can always take melatonin or drink some warm milk before you go to bed. Try to stay off the sleeping pills if you can. They're highly addictive and sometimes don't even work. There is a lot of info on these boards. Take a look around and see what others have to say.

You can see an endocrinologist that can take your hormone levels and tell you where you're at. Alot of gyno's won't do the tests for you. They think they're expensive and unnecessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: Menopause symptoms

Hi Nona33,

Hormone replacement therapy is given to help women who are struggling with their symptoms of menopause. If the only symptom you are having is forgetfullness, consider yourself very lucky and you probably won't need any hormones whatsoever. I am 52 and still in peri with periods and have just about every meno symptom there is, but I am trying to do it naturally without HRT and it is very tough.

Congratulations and I hope no symptoms occur for you!

Missy

Closed Thread