It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

misstlynn HB User
period all month

Hello everyone,

I have been having a period off and on all month. It seems to slow down then bang, starts up again. Heavy clotting and it is driving me crazy.

Anyone else having this issue? It is worrying me. Is there anything that can stop it? I hate this!!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
(female)

misstlynn HB User
Re: period all month

anyone out there that can let me know if this is something related to peri?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
(female)

sassy411 HB Usersassy411 HB Usersassy411 HB User

That happened to me during peri as well, especially as it got closer to the end.

But, I would talk to the doc just to rule out anything potentially more serious.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
(female)

misstlynn HB User

Thanks for the reply! I will talk to the doc about it. I just hate going to the doctor!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

I had that about 3 years ago. Doctor put me on birth control pills for 3 months and then I was off of them. You are getting closer to the new phase of perimenopause. I had mixed up periods for a year (starting in January with the whole month of bleeding). Then last year I had heavy periods and light ones sometimes skipping one here and there. Start keeping a journal because I thought I was doing something strange until I wrote it down. One week of a very light period followed by a normal one. This happend 3 months in a row, had a normal month and then did the 9 days of light to normal again. Sometimes I had a day off in between the light and normal and sometime it would go right into it. This year I've had 3 periods, hot flashes, some mood swings and now, if you can believe it, cold flashes.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Welcome to the club! I am right there with you. I don't know how old you are but I am 46. This started 3 years ago for me. I have gone from 5 day periods to 3 day light periods for a couple of years . Now this year I have had a couple of light periods to a heavy month or two where I clot and bleed heavy. BAD CRAMPS! Feel like I might hemmorage. YUCK! Scary. Right now I started with a light bleed 2 days ago and I thought that was it, then last night I awoke in a pile of wet soaked pj's. I was having hot flashes and cramps and the clotting bleeding started. Then I have had cold flashes too. I am still bleeding on and off today with light clotting...keeping and eye on it of course. I take 600 mg of IBU every 6 hours. Taking the edge off. But I still just ache...all over in pelvic region. I have an appt with my regular doctor for a regular pap to check things out and my homeopathic nurse. She checked my hormones again with a saliva test. We may readjust my progesterone cream. I have been taking that for 2 years.

This is quite a ride through the change huh? I just want to try and remain calm and make things as smooth as possible. I just don't want to bleed to death. I know that's drastic. I want to avoid a hysterectomy if possible or anything drastic. I just don't know what to do. I know some people say they are bleeding longer than a few days. If that starts to happen to me I will consider a procedure or something. How long have you been having the weird periods? Let us know how you are. Best wishes!

Last edited by TEdds83; 12-13-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
(female)

misstlynn HB User

Well, I finally went to the doctor after a bad episode yesterday. I gushed so bad that it was like a flood and lasted for almost an hour. Got a uterine biopsy and thyroid check along with iron check. The doctor put me on progesterone for two weeks to see if it will stop. Started with four pills today and go three tomorrow and then two a day for two weeks. I hope it helps. I think I am getting a headache from it though. Better a headache than bleeding to death! I will let you know how it comes out. By the way, I am forty nine and will be fifty in January.

Closed Thread