It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

evilmum HB User
Confused about symptoms

Hi every one & Thank you in advance for any replies

I have heard conflicting information about menopause & it's numerous symptoms.
I had my 1st child at 18 and my last at 40 After having my son who is now aged 3 I was given pap smear/ normal blood tests/ normal ultrasound pelvis/ normal, Dr's conclusion was I was NOT peri-menopausal although I had crazy symptoms.
Now my menstrual cycle has changed from every 28 days to every 23-26 days with sore breasts for 3-10 days prior, teary for no reason, forgetfulness , mild headaches & terrible insomnia....and my hair is 1/4 the volume it was a few years ago.
Can per-menopause symptoms appear out of the blue all together as opposed to a progressive change?
I feel like I'm going nuts
Cheers
Claire

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Confused about symptoms

evilmum: Get checked for estrogen dominance. Look it up. There are around 40 side effects/symptoms of it. You might benefit from some progesterone cream. You're right at that perimenopause age and your hormones are going to go nuts on you. Those symptoms you listed are on the ED list. Try to eliminate MSG and Soy from your diet. Soy messes with your estrogen receptors.

Some people breeze through menopause but some have a hard time with it. I ended up with epileptic seizures!!!!!!!! It's all caused by the ED.

For the insomnia you can try using melatonin or drinking warm milk before bedtime.

Try adding some magnesium, selenium, Vit B6, B12 and Vit D to your diet.

If you're a diet soda drinker try to get away from it. It's got aspartame in it and it messes with your brain. There are many posts on these boards from women going through the same thing and you're not alone. Look around the boards for more tips on what you can do to help you through this crazy part of life.

The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
evilmum (12-08-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
(female)

evilmum HB User

Hi Senior Veteran
Thank You so much for your reply. I do drink soda/fizzy drinks but never diet versions. I will get the vitamins/ minerals you mentioned & also talk to my Dr about the cream. I am sitting here with the A/C on at 9.30am...although quite warm..my family think I'm nuts lol
I have been searching the board, and although it's horrible that so many women are suffering similar symptoms, it's reassuring to know I am not alone.
So sorry to hear you have seizures..how scary!!
Thanks again, much appreciated

Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

My doctor told me to use melatonin to help get to sleep. It works for me, I don't know if it would help you. As for the milk, add a whole grain into it. A small bowl of shredded wheat with milk or something of that nature helps. Milk alone is ok, but the whole grain does something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johands333 For This Useful Post:
evilmum (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Are you on birth control pills? If not, that's an option as well. If you are on them, a change in your prescription might be in order.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
evilmum (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
(female)

evilmum HB User

Not on any form of contraceptives , My Dr wont prescribe the pill as I'm over 40 & smoke :S Making an appointment to go back & see him..see if he has any suggestions
Thanks for reply

Old 12-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
(female)

evilmum HB User

I hate milk...I can't stomach the thought of it :P I am trying valerian natural remedy..not helping at all..I just wake up anywhere from 5-15 times a night. I think it might be time for a stronger option...5 glasses of red before bed lol
Thanks for reply

Closed Thread