It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question OK, my turn... :) Please help this 44 Female out :)

Hi ladies, I have not been on this thread in awhile. I am usually on the depression board.............

I have a question. I am newly 44 and having terrible periods .........painful. I have os entrometrosis (SP) sorry. I had two fibroid s removed about two years ago, and wish I would of just had everything "EXCEPT" my hormones removed.

I going in to have a ultra sound next week, scared for I have no health insurance do to job loss and can not even get help for I have a small savings account and if you have a dime, forget getting help.

OK, here is my issue.....my doctor wants to put me on a low grade Birth Control til I get health insurance and can have surgery if needed. I have not been on BC for almost 15 years and I am scared to death...............of weight gain, and mood disorders............ladies I need your help. I am in a lot of pain and thinking about going this route, but do fight depression, and yes I do think I am going through the change.......

I am not on any Antidepressants for they all either make me tired, Celexa! Or Wired.....Wellburtin............I don't know where to turn, would ask my mom whom is such a inspiration to me, but has her own health problems and will make mine her's too. She is in early stages of Dementia, and I have allot on my plate these days.

I hope I am on the right site, I just need help........please? Do you know of a decent BC to go on with very few side effects? I am 44 and yes, smoke, but working on quitting.........I mean this..........

Please advise..........I am lost........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: OK, my turn...........:) Please help this 44 Female out:)

himmylover: Try to stay off the BCP. just get some progesterone cream. You can get it at any healthfood store. Try using that for a while and see if it helps. Look up the symptoms of estrogen dominance. BCP's will increase your estrogen levels. At this age you need the progesterone, the calming hormone, more than the estrogen. If you're not having hot flashes then you're estrogen is probably higher. You don't need a RX for the cream. Try it.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Thank you, I don't want to go back on the pill. I can't be in this kind of pain either. Someone suggested Prozac for PMS, anyone have thoughts on that?

I am at my witts end.

Thank you kindly for your response!

Old 01-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Anyone else? I really need to do something.........I can't live like this, and with Birth Control hair loss is a concern for me too, I don't want that.......I have read allot of BC side effects are hair loss............

So, maybe a Antidepressant? Anyone know of one for Mainly PMS.?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: OK, my turn... :) Please help this 44 Female out :)

Hi there, himmylover, long time no see, welcome back. :-) I completely agree with 92261 about the the staying away from the pil. She's absolutely right. I'm not certain but I think endometriosis can be due to a lack of progesterone in relation to estrogen. Going on the pill will obviously increase the estrogen and that's the last thing you need. The progesterone cream would be a good idea. I'm wondering though did they check your hormone levels or are they just going off your symptoms? It's important to know where your levels are at before you get the cream I think. You don't want to end up with too high progesterone levels like me because then that's no good either. I had to back way down from my progesterone cream usage to get my level back in range. When you do use the cream, try to look for one with 20-30mg per 1/4 tsp, and no more than that. (This is the dosage that Dr. John Lee recommends to be taken per day). Call the manufacturer if you have to to get this information. You'll be glad you did. Good luck to you and god bless.

Oh, regarding antidepressants for peri and pms? The only thing I see them helping with is your mood. I don't see it helping with pain unless it's related to depression. Either way, you're only treating symptoms and not the problem. I was on prozac for eight years and I would never go back to it. I was an emotional zombie. Emotions were so flat I couldn't even cry at funerals. It was horrible. I prefer to have feelings both good and bad. Oh, and another thing, I lost tons of hair on prozac.

Last edited by kittywitty; 01-16-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

God bless you.........all.

I am going to look into this cream. I am having some hot flashes but it is usually around my period.......not all the time.........

So you think I should look into the cream? I had my levels checked back in the spring and they were pretty normal.............at that time.....

THANK YOU ALL.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

PS........Kitty Witty love your pictures................LOL, I am a cat lover have two and they are my babies.............A Himalayan and a Siamese Mix..........

Miss ya.............

Closed Thread