It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User
Burning Mouth, Lips, Gums & Tongue

Hi

I have been reading some posts with interest as I have these symptoms also but along with this it creates terrible breath. I also have chonic inflammation of the stomach lining but have menopause also after having a total hysterectomy 5 years ago. I went to my dentist, he saw some inflammation in my gums but said it was not the cause and it had to be something else so referred me back to my doctor that had referred me to him. No one had an answer. Initially my doctor had put me on some anti biotics. They seemed to work for a while but soon the symptoms re occurred. The taste in my mouth is awful along with the burning that hits my gums, tongue and my lips also and then the constant feeling of embarrasment of what the odour must be. My partner keeps reminding me. I brush my teeth several times a day, I gargle with mouthwash now several times a day, I chew chewing gum. Some days are worse than others. I am on Nexium for my stomach and of late my stomach has been giving me grief. I have doubled the dose of late but it has had no effect.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

KYoung1207 HB User
Re: Burning Mouth, Lips, Gums & Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by afriendindeed View Post
Hi

I have been reading some posts with interest as I have these symptoms also but along with this it creates terrible breath. I also have chonic inflammation of the stomach lining but have menopause also after having a total hysterectomy 5 years ago. I went to my dentist, he saw some inflammation in my gums but said it was not the cause and it had to be something else so referred me back to my doctor that had referred me to him. No one had an answer. Initially my doctor had put me on some anti biotics. They seemed to work for a while but soon the symptoms re occurred. The taste in my mouth is awful along with the burning that hits my gums, tongue and my lips also and then the constant feeling of embarrasment of what the odour must be. My partner keeps reminding me. I brush my teeth several times a day, I gargle with mouthwash now several times a day, I chew chewing gum. Some days are worse than others. I am on Nexium for my stomach and of late my stomach has been giving me grief. I have doubled the dose of late but it has had no effect.
I have it in my lips and tongue, in the back. It comes and goes.

Try taking a probotic or eating organic yogurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread