It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Hot flashes, hives and itching

Does anyone has hot flashes daily and ever get itchy skin and hives sometimes? I used to have these under control and for the last 3 weeks I get hot flashes throughout that day and at night. I just get hot all over. Its like a rush of heat running through my body. I get itchy on and off. Sometimes I will get hives on my back. Like it I lean up against something cold or eat just the wrong thing. My food and skin allergies are worse with my fluxuating hormones. I would love opinions or thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited by TEdds83; 04-09-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
(female)

b0redmember HB Userb0redmember HB User
Re: Hot flashes, hives and itching

I get very dry, itchy skin too - I have to use a pretty rich moisturizer all over my body every morning and this helps a lot. I can also get random hives on occasion - usually they are on the "soft" parts of my torso - so I would say yes, allergies are definitely worse at this time.

It is irritating but I guess it is the least of annoying of the many symptoms I have....

The Following User Says Thank You to b0redmember For This Useful Post:
TEdds83 (04-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
(female)

KYoung1207 HB User
Re: Hot flashes, hives and itching

One thing......and one thing only, that I don't have is hot flashes. I have had hives several times since I've started on my "journey". Never had them before that. I do get ichy red splotches from time to time on my stomach and leg. I had a skin guy look at them and even take samples and they have no idea what they are. They just come and go and I just deal with them the best I can. They are hormonal though.

Closed Thread