It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

rachae1 HB User
Loss of hair on arms and legs - symptom of hormonal changes?

Not that I miss it but was just wondering if other women have experienced this. My internist says my thyroid tests came back normal, including FSH, LH, TSH, etc, but I she didn't order a thyroid antibodies test.

It's weird... on both legs hair is falling off on one side on each leg! Looks like my eyebrows are not as thick as they use to be - not that I had very thick eyebrows but I do notice there're slightly less hair.

I've lost at least 75% of arm hair, which is also a good thing but these changes have also resulted in other very annoying symptoms like anxiety/panic attacks and insomnia!!!

Also bothersome is that I've noticed hair growth on my upper lip.

I don't really notice any hair falling off my head thank God - hope it stays that way!

Anyway, is this part of hormonal changes?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: Loss of hair on arms and legs - symptom of hormonal changes?

Hi Rachae1,

I think it is. Since I have been in peri, I don't have to shave my legs too often (I only shave them when I am having a anxiety attack and think I may have to call the paramedics for help. I sure would hate to have a good looking paramedic come and catch me with a full growth on the front of my legs!!!!!!). I have no hair on the back of my legs anymore and no hair at all on my thighs. I only grow sparse hair on the front of my legs. I have lost alot of my arm hair, which is also a good thing. My facial hair has gone crazy!!! Between my moustache and beard (which has come in dark black and coarse) and my peach fuzz that has taken over my face, I swear I look like an appaloosa horse!!!!!!!! Have lost a ton of hair on my head!

So yes, welcome to the peri club, fun isn't it????????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread