It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Terrible anxiety during ovulation up until period

Hi ladies, it's been a while since i've been on the boards, (I used to go to the anxiety boards), thank God I remembered my username and password. I need help! I have to find out if i'm the only one "losing my mind" here or what. I found out from my Gyno that not only am I starting with peri-menopause, but I suffer from PMDD, along with having anxiety/panic disorder since a teenager. I'm now 38 years old (39 in Aug.) Here's my problem.... It seems like every month during ovulation my anxiety level shoots through the roof and lasts until like 2-3 days after my period starts. I have been getting horrible palpitations that seems to only occur at night when I lay down to go to sleep. Last night I swore I was having a heart attack. I had this pain in the middle of my chest like right between my boobs but down a few inches, not terrible, just an annoying dull pain that went away after about an hour, and I got horrible heartburn, and palpitations that would not quit, (oh i forgot to mention I also have Acid Reflux now.) I usually take a .25 xanax before I go to sleep to avoid waking up from a nocturnal panic attack, but last night I had to take another one, about an hour after I took the first one, just to calm myself down enough to fall asleep (at a little after 3 a.m.) You'd think i'd be used to all of this being that i've suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for most of my life. Also, my blood pressure has been around 130/70 give or take, for as far back as I can remember. Lately it has been up to about 140/90 - 150/95. Does anyone else have this problem with their BP going up? This is getting pretty scary for me. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Seems like when the palpitations are present, the BP goes up too. Sorry for rambling, just have nowhere else to get these answers from.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
KSHUF (11-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread