It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Achy bloated abs and tummy from low hormones?

Do any of you ladies have bloating or aching in your abs or stomach area anytime other than your period? I was wondering if its low hormones during menopause. I am 46 and going throught the change. I am wondering if I am swelling from caffeine. When I have Starbucks or a coke I get swelling in my joints and wonder if it happens in the intestinal area? I have IBS and food sensativites and I dealing with sciatic pain right now. I am trying to distinguish between it all. Help please. should I be concerned?

Thanks.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: Achy bloated abs and tummy from low hormones?

That could explain much for me. I have no answer for you but am somewhat having these same symptoms; you're not alone. Past couple of months, extremely tired, nauseous, cramping, bloating, aches everywhere, especially my shoulder. I could go on and on. Literally, some nights I go home, shower and go to bed. It's 6:30 or 7!!! Thought it was a bug, then started my period and thought it was due to that. Hope someone has an idea and can help us. I am so sick of being tired and feeling sick and achy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Well I am sure we aren't alone. I am having another rough day today. I had some Physical therapy for my back and legs this morning. I made the mistake of have an iced coffee for lunch. Now I am so sore and swelling in my abs and back, I blame some of it from the therpy but the coffee couldn't have helped. I am sure that the caffeine can cause some inflammation.
I have taken Ibuphropen and have ice packs on the front and heating pad on the back. It pretty much wipes me out for the rest of the day.

I am so sorry to always be complaining but surely peri and menopause has to be causing so many darn issues. No wonder women used to go into hiding for about 10 years way back when whilte they go through the change.

I would give anything to just feel good again! I sure am trying! I am trying to eat healthy and workout. I can't do that when I have a back, glute issue and feel lousy.

Hang in there too! we will make it through this!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Actually, I'm feeling ok today aside from my jaws (TMJ) and a headache. So darn hot and humid here this week; I'm in the midwest. Usually with hot weather, my joints don't bother me as much, but this week! Could be the air pressure, IDK. Think my stomach issues and such are part of my period. Not a heavy one this time, just a lingering one! Over a week now and not a storm, but still "drizzling"! I'll have to remember the caffeine, I usually only have a cup or two of coffee in the mornings and that's it. The rest of the day is caffeine free! No wonder I'm so tired!
Take care and hope you get to geeling better.

Closed Thread