It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
(female)

elisamw01 HB User
25 years old, going through menopause?

I am 25 years old, and I have been having problems with my female parts. I went to the doctor today and told her that i have been experiencing hot/cold spells, excessive sweating, i go dry during intercourse (I know, TMI), mood swings, irratability, and i have been on my period off and on since July 7th. I told her how i had to change birthcontrol, and she said, "Because of the way you did it, You shouldn't have these problems." After i went into futher detail about my other issues, She looked at me square in the eyes and said "I believe you're going through menopause."

My heart stopped. IM TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD! We want to have a child of our own (well, of his own, my son is from a previous relationship and he calls my son his own. does that make sense?). I'm very scared. I'm very nervous. Am I the only female that has gone through this? Am I going to be able to have another child?

My mother said my aunt went through menopause at 30, My mom went through it at 37, and my grandma started at 29. Could this be?

For the record, I Told him when he got home from work today on how my doctors appointment went, and he is very supportive. He said we can always adopt, and he isn't going to leave me if we cant have a child because "D" is "his son". I just need advice... And hopefully someone has gone through this that was around my age...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: 25 years old, going through menopause?

Your doctor THINKS?? you are. Your doctor should of ordered a simple blood test. The test will tell what your hormone level is and if you are or are not for sure. insist on the blood test.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
(female)

elisamw01 HB User

Those were her exact words... I don't understand it. She just left it at that.... No blood test.. nothing more nothing less...

"A" insists on going and getting a 2nd opinion from a doctor in a bigger city. I'm thinking the same thing now...

Blood tests can show that? I didn't know. I'm oblivious when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thank you for your advice.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, you would need a blood test for your FSH level. You should not be on birth control when this is done. When we were checking mine I had to get the blood drawn on the day before I started on the active pills.

Did you go to a gyno? If not, I would definitely do so. Your family history is an indication that you will go thru it early too unfortunately.

Closed Thread