It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
(female)

whitsmom HB User
Urinary problems and peri?

Wondering if anyone else deals with my latest issue? Had to give urine sample at dr yesterday and there was blood in it. She asked me to give another this morning and said there was still "alot" of blood in it, so they are sending it off. This is the second time I've had a sample with blood in it. The first time, they didn't send it off. No white cells to indicate infection.

I am 50 years old and have many other signs of peri. I have a period fairly regularly, but often a few days after I'm done, I have a few days of passing old, dark blood; not alot, but it's there. That's what I thought they were seeing yesterday because it started last Sunday, but evidently not. I know I have a uterine fibroid, but don't know if that can cause any problems like this or not.

Just looking for others' thoughts/experiences. Always tend to jump to the worst case conclusions, but with so many other things happening to my body, I've decided to calm down and look at all the possibilities first!! Thanks for any input!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Urinary problems and peri?

I had a lot of bleeding when I had my fibroids. If I were you I would ask my gynecologist if it's normal for a woman with a fibroid to be experiencing blood in her urine samples...

good luck, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
Re: Urinary problems and peri?

I also had blood in my urine, but only microscopic amount. I'm assuming I still do. It began about 5 years ago and I am now 57. The Dr and the herbalist I went to both felt it was due to thinning of vaginal walls.I do suffer from vaginal atrophy, and now I just don't think about it.Keep an eye on it, and try not to worry too much.

Closed Thread